ID Conflicts

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest way to resolve them? I built my own pack and tried ID Resovler, but it resulted in crashes.

Any tips to make this relatively painless?

TIA :)

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Doing it manually is.. healthy for your pack, but not... relatively painless, and most certainly not healthy for your brain.

NEI has a function which makes it dump free ID's, you might simply install a mod, dump id's, check free ranges, get another mod, see if it conflicts, bump the range if it does, and so on and so forth. The more mods, the more work it is.

Reactions: Sh3it4n

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, manually it is!

I read that terrian block ids have to be under 256 - anyone know if that's true?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
If you mean vanilla blocks then yeah, that's true. Cause.. you know, vanilla ain't a mod and it's not making use of forge functionality. You'd think they'd use COFH, and forge dictionary by now, but no...

JHoliness

Jul 29, 2019
Although manually configuring IDs can be a headache, I would recommend it over ID Resolver. ID Resolver - at least in my experience, seems to cause more problems than it actually solves.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
NEI can output a list of IDs. Used or unused or whatever you need.

If you tossed a bunch mods together and don't know which ones are in conflict the forge crash should tell you the first ID that is in conflict. Go change one of the items with that id and it should get you closer.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I feel like using the ID Resolver set me back some and it's better to start over from the ground up.

Noob question - if something shows up in NEI as "unnamed item" - that's an ID conflict, right?

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I feel like using the ID Resolver set me back some and it's better to start over from the ground up.

Noob question - if something shows up in NEI as "unnamed item" - that's an ID conflict, right?
Unnamed are usually just items a mod author failed to remove or hasn't implemented all the way.

Id conflicts will prevent you from getting to the minecraft menu screen.