[ID Conflict] FTB Unleashed and 4 mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonton_Freak

Jul 29, 2019
Good evening fellow FTBers!

I have a question, and a problem with installing a couple of mods with FTB Unleashed. I've read that I can't get support for the added mods, but my question is related to ID conflicts in general, and how to solve them.

The Problem!:

My client and server is running FTB Unleashed: 1.1.3 and is running Gregtech and Galacticraft without problems, thanks to a config I found on the FTB forums which fixed some conflicts. (Can't remember the author of the config, sorry)

Anyway, now I'm trying to install ICBM (Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles) and Atomic Science to run with Unleashed, but I'm having a few problems.

1: Trying to add only ICBM alone
¨~ I fired up an existing world to see if there are some conflicts, and I got:
- ID 3972 is mismatched between world and game
- ID 14243 is mismatched between world and game
When ICBM is installed, I've noticed that walking on sand replaces my footstep noise with explosion, alarm and random other sounds.
This also occurs when I place dirt. Instead of the "place dirt" sound I hear random explosions and other weird noises

2: Trying to add Atomic Science
¨~ Firing up the game with Atomic Science, makes the game freeze at a black loading screen.

To me, this seems like the ICBM mod has some minor conflicts with some other mods, while the Atomic Science has some major issue that must be fixed. I'm assuming that Atomic Science and ICBM has no conflicts with eachother since ICBM is reliant on Atomic Science to function optimally.

To the Question!:

1: Does anyone know of any way to scan/effectively find ID conflicts and change them?

2: Has anyone already had this problem before and might have the configs to make these mods work with Unleashed and galacticraft/gregtech?

Thanks in advance
¨~ Chris

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Do an Nei dump that creates a file with the used and unused id's

Add the mods one at a time and if any id's conflicts appear use the dump file to change the id to something else then rinse and repeat.

Wonton_Freak

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I'll try that right away. But as for changing the IDs if I find any conflicts, is it correct that I have to use a value 500 higher than the one I actually want?

Example:
If I want a dirt to be ID 500, I have to set it to 1000?
if I recall correctly, I might have read that in a thread somewhere.

¨~ Chris

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I'll try that right away. But as for changing the IDs if I find any conflicts, is it correct that I have to use a value 500 higher than the one I actually want?

Example:
If I want a dirt to be ID 500, I have to set it to 1000?
if I recall correctly, I might have read that in a thread somewhere.

Not necessary though. Like some mods for instance bop have block id that <500. It isn't necessary because you won't manually updates your minecraft because of ftb. That statement is personally for people who played modded minecraft, so if they wanted to update their minecraft regularly, that is only some kind of precaution so that the player didn't use ID from minecraft itself.

Because minecraft block ID is something that you can't change if there is a conflict, you have to change the extra mods ID that you add instead of changing minecraft fix ID

For fixing ID conflict, like what i usually do on my SSP. (Because i add lots of extra mods in my ftb) i use some kind of ID resolver i believe what is called in the minecraftforum. It works very well though you should give it a try. I forgot the link though but it is something like that :)

Hope this helps

Wonton_Freak

Jul 29, 2019
Not necessary though. Like some mods for instance bop have block id that <500. It isn't necessary because you won't manually updates your minecraft because of ftb. That statement is personally for people who played modded minecraft, so if they wanted to update their minecraft regularly, that is only some kind of precaution so that the player didn't use ID from minecraft itself.

Because minecraft block ID is something that you can't change if there is a conflict, you have to change the extra mods ID that you add instead of changing minecraft fix ID

For fixing ID conflict, like what i usually do on my SSP. (Because i add lots of extra mods in my ftb) i use some kind of ID resolver i believe what is called in the minecraftforum. It works very well though you should give it a try. I forgot the link though but it is something like that :)

Hope this helps

Thanks mate, that made things a lot clearer.

I'll look up that ID resolver tool and see if I find it!

¨~ Chris

Reactions: reddvilzz

Wonton_Freak

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the link to 1.5.2 since the OP haven't updated the OP http://www.mediafire.com/download/3gcax68yee0bx66/IDResolver-1.5.2.0.jar

You should find it in google if you type ID resolver. Just follow the steps in OP and you are good :D

thanks mate!

Okay, so here's a new problem. After install ICBM, there's no problems. But when I install the mods I need for all the items to actually be craftable, the game goes black right after the mojang splash screen ends.

Have also tried with the Mekanism mod (energy generation for ICBM and Atomic Science) and the game launches fine then too.

Here is a pastebin of the "error"

http://pastebin.com/gKxPV2yN

anyone able to figure out something from that? because I have no idea what these lines of code mean.

Thanks in advance
¨~ Chris

Wonton_Freak

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how, but I managed to fix it.

I found this config for the mod on reddit and installed it.
http://en.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast..._universal_electricity_mods_to_ftb_unleashed/

This fixed the ID conflict which happened to make my game screen black.
I'll play for some time and do some testing to see if this works without problems.

The mods i'm running now on top of the unleashed modpack is:

Gregtech, galacticraft, ICBM, Atomic Science and Mekanism.

I'll give you a shout if everything runs fine
¨~ Chris

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea what's that error is. But i am glad you solved it nice.

Didn't the ID resolver helps? Because i have 20ish extra mods i added to the unleashed and that ID resolver save my day :D

Wonton_Freak

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea what's that error is. But i am glad you solved it nice.

Didn't the ID resolver helps? Because i have 20ish extra mods i added to the unleashed and that ID resolver save my day :D

Yes! it did work, and I used it until I installed that custom config. Somehow when I installed that config the problem came back (black screen) so I tried to remove it and it suddenly worked again.
So what I think (might be totally beyond all reasons) is that the ID resolver works best if you leave the configs standard and let it resolve the issues my itself.

anyways, thanks a a lot to everyone for the help! Now for making a sphax combo that can make all these mods look nice :)'

¨~ Chris

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Yes! it did work, and I used it until I installed that custom config. Somehow when I installed that config the problem came back (black screen) so I tried to remove it and it suddenly worked again.
So what I think (might be totally beyond all reasons) is that the ID resolver works best if you leave the configs standard and let it resolve the issues my itself.

anyways, thanks a a lot to everyone for the help! Now for making a sphax combo that can make all these mods look nice :)'

¨~ Chris

Ah i see what you meant there. I had that problem too. And what i know is that this problem happened because there are some ID that conflicting and the ID resolver can resolve that so it turn to black screen.

What i did is i read the error log and then find what causing the conflict and change it manually, voila works well

And yes you better use the original ID that comes from the mod first, if there is conflict then you can use the ID resolver and change the conflicting ID. At least that is what i've done to my modpack :)

Status
Not open for further replies.