IC2 machines seem to cause a slowdown.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Or at least I think that's what it may be.

I used to not really use any IC2 machines at all until recently, but seems that every time I started placing any of them in a world, soon after intermittent slowdowns would happen non-stop, at first I didn't know what was going on, so I just deleted the worlds since it wouldn't stop
Most of these worlds I had just started so I really didn't care much about it.

However, recently I started some in main world, which was as of yet free of this problem.
Shortly after I placed a Generator and an Electric Furnace, the intermittent slowdowns started happening, that's when I figured it was the machines that was causing it.

Soon as I removed them, slowdowns stopped and all was fine.

I really want to get into all this IC2 stuff, seems really neat, but if a couple machines alone cause things like that, i don't even wanna know what'll happen if I try to set up large automated systems...

Any idea what could it be/ heard of a similar situation and if there's a way to fix it?

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 does wonders to the sound engine, and by wonders I mean that it horrifically mangles it. If you have sounds enabled for IC2, I can guarantee this is the source of the problem. If you have sounds off, I'm not too sure what the problem is.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Your use of the term "slowdown" is pretty vague so I'd like you to clarify: is the game freezing briefly? Is it just an FPS drop? Or something else?

Edit: Sounds in IC2 have actually been force-disabled for quite a while to avoid all the side-effects of the crappy sound engine finally breaking down entirely, although I can't remember if that was in effect for 1.112.170 which is what FTB still uses.

Only very recently in new dev builds has the sound been restored. There's a toggle for sounds in the IC2 config.