[IC²] Storages not emitting redstone signals as supposed

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Hi forum,

I just wondered how you handle that? The redstone signal dosn't work untill you force an update on the block as far as i figured ... But a storage shutting down a nuklear reactor if full would be nice. Guess i have to go to nuclear controll to make this happen ...

Any ideas / work'a'rounds?

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
The machines only update their redstone state when a block update happens. This means that you somehow have to cause a block update to the storage unit in order for the redstone to change state.

Edit: Maybe I should read the whole OP next time.

The only solution I know of is to use an RP2 timer, which can't happen until RP2 gets added, sooo yeah.

2Shy

Jul 29, 2019
You can use an EU detector cable to send a redstone signal back to the reactor (inverted).
While on subject, I have noticed a change to the Reactors on/off state in regards to applying a redstone signal. It used to be off when applying a signal. which made sense when using the Thermal Monitor. Now it has to be inverted.

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
Hi forum,

I just wondered how you handle that? The redstone signal dosn't work untill you force an update on the block as far as i figured ... But a storage shutting down a nuklear reactor if full would be nice. Guess i have to go to nuclear controll to make this happen ...

Any ideas / work'a'rounds?

This is a bug fixed in the next version (for 1.4.5)

Reactions: 2Shy