I was unable to load my world, Then It wouldn't save properly. :(

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

100greenmen

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing the direwolf20 1.6.4, version 1.0.14, in my world when this happened. It shut down suddenly when I was playing as if it crashed. No crash report, sorry. But when I loaded everything back up, my world that I had been playing in, was gone. I freaked out a little because I had spent a significant amount of time in it. But I thought, mabye something is wrong with the world file, So I will make a new folder with the same name, and put the files, including waypoint data, loaded chunks, etc, into the new folder. Still, the world did not show up. So I got rid of the new world folder, (still had the first one of course) and tried making a new world with the minecraft "world creator". (I really hope whatever I did wrong is not a blatantly obvious way to wreck worlds). Same name, same world generator settings. And once the world was "created" I was in the same place I was in when everything crashed, I had all the same waypoints, morphs and inventories. But when I placed blocks in the world and quit/saved the world, and got back in, I was in the same place I was in before, but the blocks I had placed were gone. From the world and my inventory. Then I tried mining some more blocks just to see what would happen when I saved and re-joined. And sure enough, nothing in the world had changed, same position as when I quit, and the blocks I mined were in my inventory. This has happened to me before, I didn't report it because I thought it was a "rare" bug . The first time it happened was in dw20 1.6.4 version 1.0.12. I don't know if this is something I did wrong and therefore, I should fix it. Or if it is the developers fault. I am inclined to think the former. I could REALLY use some help with figuring this out. Sorry about the long thread, but I felt detail, was a necessity. Also if I need to, I can upload a short video showing what happens.

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
If it really doesn't work you could try to Mcedit the chunks into another world with the same seed to see if the problem is in the loaded chunks.

100greenmen

Jul 29, 2019
I can't find any "reliable" links to download MCedit for 1.6.4. Do you know where I can download it?

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Your level.dat file is probably corrupted. Make a new world, preferably with the same seed, and copy the level.dat file from the new world into a copy of your old world folder. If you don't know what the seed was, you're going to have to deal with chunk boundary issues, but otherwise the world should load.

Reactions: 100greenmen

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: buggirlexpres

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
That looks like Logistic pipes causing problems not, Thaumcraft.

seems that you have a ComputerCraft(some Item can't tell what Item) accessing something from Logi pipes ?
No, look closer:

Code:
at logisticspipes.proxy.cc.CCProxy.getTaget(CCProxy.java:109)
[...]
at logisticspipes.recipes.LPShapedOreRecipe.func_77571_b(LPShapedOreRecipe.java:47)
at thaumcraft.common.lib.ThaumcraftCraftingManager.generateTagsFromCraftingRecipes(ThaumcraftCraftingManager.java:753)
[...]
at thaumcraft.common.entities.monster.EntityPech.isValued(EntityPech.java:758)
at thaumcraft.common.entities.monster.EntityPech.pickupItem(EntityPech.java:693)
at thaumcraft.common.entities.ai.pech.AIPechItemEntityGoto.func_75246_d(AIPechItemEntityGoto.java:132)

• A pech is deciding whether to pick up something from logistics pipes.
  • The Pech's code asks the Thaumcraft crafting manager to figure out the valuation of the item from its crafting recipes.
  • The Thaumcraft crafting manager finds a logistics pipes shaped oredict-aware recipe creating the item, and asks it for the items that go into making it.
  • The Logistics Pipes recipe (correctly) doesn't want to perform any work client-side, but the first thing it tries is to figure out if the thread it's on is a computer craft Lua thread, but...
  • The LP ComputerCraft proxy is improperly initialized (possibly because it is, actually, on the client side).
  • Everything crashes and burns.

FryoKnight

Jul 29, 2019
No, look closer:

Code:
at logisticspipes.proxy.cc.CCProxy.getTaget(CCProxy.java:109)
[...]
at logisticspipes.recipes.LPShapedOreRecipe.func_77571_b(LPShapedOreRecipe.java:47)
at thaumcraft.common.lib.ThaumcraftCraftingManager.generateTagsFromCraftingRecipes(ThaumcraftCraftingManager.java:753)
[...]
at thaumcraft.common.entities.monster.EntityPech.isValued(EntityPech.java:758)
at thaumcraft.common.entities.monster.EntityPech.pickupItem(EntityPech.java:693)
at thaumcraft.common.entities.ai.pech.AIPechItemEntityGoto.func_75246_d(AIPechItemEntityGoto.java:132)

• A pech is deciding whether to pick up something from logistics pipes.
  • The Pech's code asks the Thaumcraft crafting manager to figure out the valuation of the item from its crafting recipes.
  • The Thaumcraft crafting manager finds a logistics pipes shaped oredict-aware recipe creating the item, and asks it for the items that go into making it.
  • The Logistics Pipes recipe (correctly) doesn't want to perform any work client-side, but the first thing it tries is to figure out if the thread it's on is a computer craft Lua thread, but...
  • The LP ComputerCraft proxy is improperly initialized (possibly because it is, actually, on the client side).
  • Everything crashes and burns.

Well, I know it is caused whenever a Pech is picking up something. I have done alittle testing, and I have found some items that even they drop can cause the crash (Iron Capped Wood Rods with Pech's Curse focus for example).

Edit:
Well, seems it is not only limited to the Pech... Tried to throw a Mana Bean into a Crucible and crashed... I'm just glad I have OpenEye installed so I got the crash report:
http://openeye.openmods.info/crashes/93f0f7618c66e99cb418886d94b54c0b

But yeah... Think I am going to uninstall Logistics Pipes manually now. :\

Last edited: