I want to make my own ModPack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
... How do I do that?

I have been running MC off MultiMC and would like to try constructing my own modpack using mods available through FTB.

Can I get some help on how to do this? If I put together a good modpack would anyone be interested in seeing it?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
http://bot.notenoughmods.com/ go here and select mods. Its a very comprehensive list with update news. Add the mods you download to your MultiMC instance. Make sure you also install Forge to your instance or it won't work. Also make sure you keep the same Minecraft version of forge with the mods. 1.7.10 versions of the mods and forge. I'd recommend testing whether your instance will load between every mod you add. Time consuming but worth it.

THEN you'll get to troubleshoot crashes, what versikns of the mods work well together. You can sort out dimension and potion ids. If none of that is an issue then you'll want to alter configs. You dont need copper generwting from 4 seperate mods for example.

Lotsa work right? Good luck.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
http://bot.notenoughmods.com/ go here and select mods. Its a very comprehensive list with update news. Add the mods you download to your MultiMC instance. Make sure you also install Forge to your instance or it won't work. Also make sure you keep the same Minecraft version of forge with the mods. 1.7.10 versions of the mods and forge. I'd recommend testing whether your instance will load between every mod you add. Time consuming but worth it.

THEN you'll get to troubleshoot crashes, what versikns of the mods work well together. You can sort out dimension and potion ids. If none of that is an issue then you'll want to alter configs. You dont need copper generwting from 4 seperate mods for example.

Lotsa work right? Good luck.

Awesome. Thanks for the link and guide. I'll work on this on my off time! :D

I bet it's a lot of work but I like fine tuning and customizing things. And the server I play on has some mods that still conflict and I don't like when that happens. (Necromancy mod is particularly annoying)

Reactions: RedBoss

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
And if you plan on making the pack public, having a team of people testing the pack helps a lot. Also, playing a pack in survival is the best way of testing a pack. Also, VisualVM and Opis are your friends for finding lag issues.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
And if you plan on making the pack public, having a team of people testing the pack helps a lot. Also, playing a pack in survival is the best way of testing a pack. Also, VisualVM and Opis are your friends for finding lag issues.

Much Thanks!

(BTW... Totally digging your Erza avatar)

Reactions: Wagon153

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Frankly the hardest part of making a pack is waiting for the mod authors distribution permissions, each with more different conditions then the next.
Some might not care, some might let you have it in their pack if you DL it from their source, some allow it if you don't tweak balance some say yes but no to certain launchers.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
Frankly the hardest part of making a pack is waiting for the mod authors distribution permissions, each with more different conditions then the next.
Some might not care, some might let you have it in their pack if you DL it from their source, some allow it if you don't tweak balance some say yes but no to certain launchers.

Oh dear.

But I wouldn't really have to worry about that stuff if I made the modpack for use just among my friends, right? Like so long as I don't post it up on the internet for others to use?

L0NExW0LF

Jul 29, 2019
Oh dear.

But I wouldn't really have to worry about that stuff if I made the modpack for use just among my friends, right? Like so long as I don't post it up on the internet for others to use?
If it's just for private use you won't need permissions. However if you want to have your pack hosted on the FTB launcher you will need to get permissions.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Oh dear.

TBH I'm not 100% certain what truly is and isn't OK. All I know is that with FTB launcher they make it mandatory to have permissions.