I need help with Mining Turtle fueling

killerfandre

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so what i need is to know if it is possible to power a mining turtle with a rechargeable battery, and if so, what is the coding i need in order to have the turtle accept it as a power source?

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
It's not possible. However, misc peripherals has a turtle charging station that uses EU to charge turtle placed on a dot side.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
just use a easy fuel program to let it refuel itself in the nether. 2 minutes, and it has 200,000 fuel

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Go to the computer craft forums.
Search for something like "easy fueling for turtles" (or whatever, it's over 3 months that I used turtles).
Download the program.
Run it.
Done.
Usually you need a setup for turtles to actually pull fuel from...

killerfandre

Jul 29, 2019
Go to the computer craft forums.
Search for something like "easy fueling for turtles" (or whatever, it's over 3 months that I used turtles).
Download the program.
Run it.
Done.

Is this possible to do this on a server? the download part?

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
If html is enabled (I think it is by default) you can use pastebin get [code you find on the Forum thread]

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Why has no one yet suggested putting a load of fuel (charcoal will do) into the turtle's inventory and type refuel all?
Also, you can have mobile mining turtles carry an ender chest full of fuel around with them and you can make it so that when their fuel levels go below a certain point you can make the turtle place the chest, pull fuel out, turtle.refuel() and then break the chest and pt it back into your inventory.
By the way, a turtle can travel 80 blocks on one single piece of coal or charcoal, or 15 blocks on a log or wood.

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Why has no one yet suggested putting a load of fuel (charcoal will do) into the turtle's inventory and type refuel all?
Also, you can have mobile mining turtles carry an ender chest full of fuel around with them and you can make it so that when their fuel levels go below a certain point you can make the turtle place the chest, pull fuel out, turtle.refuel() and then break the chest and pt it back into your inventory.
By the way, a turtle can travel 80 blocks on one single piece of coal or charcoal, or 15 blocks on a log or wood.
Because the question was about charging turtles with EU.

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Well, given that charcoal is a very easy thing to distribute to the nether as well as the overworld or any dimension really, I would argue that it is a better way of refuelling a turtle than lava too. Even though lava does provide a lot of movement points it really limits your program to being used in the nether. (Flowing lava blocks may also create a lag issue).

I really fail to see why my post is less relevant than the (helpful) comments about lava. And hey, I even included the bit of code you need to make a turtle refuel so if it will make you feel better you can pretend I suggested that you make the charcoal in an electric furnace.
Also apemanzilla, you are right about the miscperipherals charging stations, and you reminded me of something. This video is quite old but I am pretty sure this feature is still there, you can recharge a turtle with a battery from IC2 using the turtle.refuel() command.

It is one of the first things shown in the vid
----
To the OP (in particular): I don't know if you know the turtle.refuel() command so please don't take it as though I were trying to patronise you. If you are running a 1.5 pack (which I hope you are if you are going the lava route and need nether ores) then you might have logistics pipes. It may be possible to have a logistics pipe keep an ender chest stocked with coal while also extracting anything that is not coal (you could even do that with another turtle). That would be pretty cool. The only thing to be aware of is that the turtle.suck() command will suck from the first inventory slot with items in it. This can be accounted for by keeping refueling apart from extraction.

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
I had thought there was a charging station that could be supplied IC2 EU to refuel turtles? You wouldn't use the battery directly on the turtle, but rather you would go:

Battery -> Batbox/MFE/etc -> Charging Station -> Turtle

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I checked this charging station was so bad for charging turtles, using tons of power, where you could just use a bit of coal.
It was way better to feed it coal instead of burning coal into eu and feed it eu. WAY BETTER.

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Is there even an upper limit to fuel on a turtle? You could just fill it with coal and refuel off of it all, and never have to fuel the thing again for weeks at least.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Idk if there is a limit. I once had almost 200k fuel in there, never used it all up xD