I have commitment issues

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I spent most of yesterday generating seed after seed after seed. Some I'd even play on for a bit, but then ultimately abandon. I don't know what my deal is - nothing "feels" like home to me.

Anyone else have this issue? Or a solution for me? I want to play, but I can't seem to overcome my commitment issues.......

Reactions: Saice and RedBoss

giesergast

Jul 29, 2019
i have that servers fix it mostly[DOUBLEPOST=1372344930][/DOUBLEPOST]cuase when you come in people say hi and stuff and maybe you can live with someone else this really helps me not to abandon a world or a server

Darkness4910

Jul 29, 2019
I got the same issue. Play some more on it, after a few days, after the phase of "nothingness" is over, it'll feel like home.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
You know what I did last night because I couldn't find what I was looking for? (A desert, not dunes, not a beach, I wanted desert but didn't find one)

I built my place in a dimension door space and made a three block high one (starting at floor) and one block wide glass window. I then proceeded to go out there and place sand I got from a beach, some water, and began building a scene. Went back about 8 blocks and then started ramping up the sand height until it got to be about 6-8 blocks. Final was some light blue wool for horizon, then tapering to white. Went back inside looked out and said, "Wow, that looks like dunes. Dammit!"

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I spent most of yesterday generating seed after seed after seed. Some I'd even play on for a bit, but then ultimately abandon. I don't know what my deal is - nothing "feels" like home to me.

Anyone else have this issue? Or a solution for me? I want to play, but I can't seem to overcome my commitment issues.......

I know exactly how you feel. just now I deleted another world just because it didn't feel like I was having enough of fun in that world.
I often like to build in plains biomes, so whenever I can't find one, and I have to build somewhere else, I usually start going "meh" and just mess around before I finally delete the world.

Jul 29, 2019
Same as other people, started playing on a small server after helping a player out on here :)

Ryiah

Jul 29, 2019
I've found I have a tendency to do this as well. I've decided to try combating it by only staying around the general vicinity of spawn long enough to acquire basic resources. Once I have some basic equipment, usually in the form of backpacks and tools, I start migrating away from spawn for a more ideal location. During migration I collect additional easily obtained resources so that once I reach the location for my base I'll have plenty of materials to start with.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I personally like challenges and to build without looking too long or at all.

It's nice to have terrain you got to build around, it increases the difficulty and lets you have more fun with building if you like that.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I'll do a few seeds but I don't do it for the "home" feel. Just that the spawn is relatively safe something flat and open mostly.

Then I go run around and FIND a place that feels like home. I find doing this I spend less time searching through seeds and more take actually playing the game.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
In vanilla, there's a reason to stick to spawn - it's chunkloaded. In modded minecraft, you can get that same effect anywhere, so just run off in any direction until you find a place you like

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I did it! I found a place I love. Go me!
Nice! But in the future I'd try this: Try looking for a plains biome. Those are the best for both building a base, and bee breeding. Most bees don't have an objection to a plains biome. Forests are good as well, but then you have to chop down all those trees and it gets to be a pain starting off.

CapturetheBomb

Jul 29, 2019
I constantly get up a simple, infinite power generation system and house, then get bored and not touch it for ages. I feel it is soooo much better to have people to play with or compete against. I am a sidekick to the core.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I constantly get up a simple, infinite power generation system and house, then get bored and not touch it for ages. I feel it is soooo much better to have people to play with or compete against. I am a sidekick to the core.

I feel it's best to have a sidekick.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Nice! But in the future I'd try this: Try looking for a plains biome. Those are the best for both building a base, and bee breeding. Most bees don't have an objection to a plains biome. Forests are good as well, but then you have to chop down all those trees and it gets to be a pain starting off.

I always look for extreme hills, butting up to a plains. A bonus is a village within a few hundred blocks. I've started a monstrosity of a building, butting out the side of a mountain.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Generally speaking, I'll aim for some kind of temperate biome, simply because it make bees easier when I get around to them (using modest is fine, but as soon as they mutate to common/cultivated, the environment is hostile), and the hills usually annoy me for building (I'm not very creative to flat boxes are pretty much my norm).

In the new packs, I'll generally go hunting for a village with a redwood somewhere nearby, to set up shop while I gather resources, then go and build a proper base elsewhere.

Then an update comes in and I wipe the server and start over. Such is the way of things.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I actually settled in mountainous desert that is cut off by a river that has a silverwood tree on the bank. Two types of biomes for bees and pure aura node for Thaumcraft. Landscape is very uneven so I built my base in the sky. This is on a server but coordinates are still less than 500.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
I do the same thing over, and over, and over. It doesn't help when you hear stuff like "hey, the next patch will probably break your worlds" though. For now I just built a base that took way too long to build. I generally go for a 17x17 (so the inside is within a chunk at 15x15) central house and in the chunk north (up on the map, minecraft has the whole weird cardinal direction thing going) of it do a vertical mine. I can say this though after spending about 2-3 hours building it and finally getting to the resources underneath...rush the tier 2 TC tools. For just 18 iron ore (doubled to 36 ingots in the smelter) you can get tools that will greatly increase your mining speed. After getting a hammer I cleared more land in 30 minutes than it normally takes me to clear in about 3 hours with a pickaxe, and this was with stone and wood. Of course, the ore I uncovered was a fairly large amount as well.

BlinkY87

Jul 29, 2019
I was the same. Took me around a hour on a newly generated map. The snow biome I passed through was incredibly big and took a while to pass through. I finally found a place, next to a oil well. On one side I have flat-lands and a desert with a small jungle. On the other I have a snowy forest. There are a number of ravine's. I also pitched up next to four Great-woods. No portal guns, though.