I hate the new modpacks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

FMan_0000

Jul 29, 2019
I hate the mods on the new modpacks. Unleashed is very good, but I like Gregtech, interdimensional doors and buildcraft and those things, and it's lacking it.

On Unhinged... well, it hasen't got thaumbcraft and many other awesome doors

Really, yours guys should mix up Unhinged and Unleashed to make a new version of ultimate.

iNd3x

Jul 29, 2019
I can follow your line of thought, but first of all, these are beta packs, and more might come?
You could always add those mods yourself
And do you remember how minecraft was about a year ago?
NO FTB
NO LEGAL MODPACKS
you had to find all your mods, add them yourself, and i think that was quite a hazzle sometimes
Now you get packs, and if you don't use the betas, they are really clear of bugs, and all you have to do is click a button, so i would be happy with those packs if i were you!
It's actually quite funny how ftb went from being a map to a modpack :p

FMan_0000

Jul 29, 2019
You're right, but I want it for a server and I don't want people to have to waste time installing more shit becouse packs are lacking stuff, if I do that, they won't join. But I still love those mods and want them

iNd3x

Jul 29, 2019
I think that when these packs are out of beta, it is possible to make a mashup like ultimate, but as long as they are in beta, we will have to wait. I think it's awesome though that all these people work so hard for all of this!
On topic: i kind of agree with your opinion, they lack a few mods, but are they even updated to a stable build? that might be the reason for letting them out for now?

P46EY

Jul 29, 2019
Add them yourself, make a private pack for your server and get ppl to download that. Simples. Sure its one more thing for them to download but at least they wont have to install extra mods and such.

FMan_0000

Jul 29, 2019
I think that when these packs are out of beta, it is possible to make a mashup like ultimate, but as long as they are in beta, we will have to wait. I think it's awesome though that all these people work so hard for all of this!
On topic: i kind of agree with your opinion, they lack a few mods, but are they even updated to a stable build? that might be the reason for letting them out for now?
Yeah, sounds logic.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech doesn't want his mod in a modpack with certain mods, therefore they will not release a pack with GregTech that also has the mods he does NOT want in a pack with his mod, if that makes any sense.
I think that when these packs are out of beta, it is possible to make a mashup like ultimate
Unleashed is replacing Ultimate.

iNd3x

Jul 29, 2019
hmpf, outrules that then, well i guess you will have to be satisfied with these, or make a private pack with these extra mods!

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech doesn't want his mod in a modpack with certain mods, therefore they will not release a pack with GregTech that also has the mods he does NOT want in a pack with his mod, if that makes any sense.
Unleashed is replacing Ultimate.
Will I still be able to access ultimate in the launcher or am I going to have to keep this backup copy of Ultimate mods for when that time comes.

iNd3x

Jul 29, 2019
Will I still be able to access ultimate in the launcher or am I going to have to keep this backup copy of Ultimate mods for when that time comes.

As far as i now, ultimate won't be removed, not yet at least. But i guess at some point they might remove it to clean up the launcher, keeping a backup is always good :)

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
who needs GT, when RR has AS and Big Reactors?

Me. I like the IC2 Tech tree. GT makes it even better. But too "hard". so, I use easy mode.

You should be able to get trought the tech tree you want. It's called "Freedom". And they should all be cool.

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
Me. I like the IC2 Tech tree. GT makes it even better. But too "hard". so, I use easy mode.

Greg the mod creator likes it the hard way, so you might want to look for a replacement, atleast long term. However the recent drama seems to have sparked a few other projects that might do just that, but of course it will take a while before one can even guess how those will work out.