I.G.C.(Almost) Endless Gold/Lapis/Iron generator

Mrvideogame

Jul 29, 2019
This is a simple, but pricey build that will get you all the gold, lapis,and iron you could ever want and more,at the
cost of minum stones. I also find it easy to modify, so I refer to it as the I.G.C. (Infinity Generator Core).

What you will need:
1. 4 fabricators(they craft fast, have a buffer, and can pull from other inventory's) 2. 1 Tome of alkahest
3. 1 alkahest( not the same as 2., and I did say it was pricey)
4. gold bars( at least four)
5. lapis block( at least one)
6. lapis-lazuli( at least one, can be taken from the block or NEI)
7. minum stones( at least one, will need to be replaced after to breaks)

How to build:
1.Place the four fabricators in a 2x2 square
2.In the top left fabricator set the recipe for lapis blocks(you can use NEI to put in the recipe)
3.In the top right fabricator set the recipe to make gold from lapis,using the tome of alkahest, and the tome BUT not the gold bar.
4.In the bottom right fabricator set the recipe to turn gold to iron with minum stone, and place the stone inside
5.In the bottom left fabricator set the recipe to turn iron to lapis lazuli using the alkahest,and set the alkahest inside.

Now that every is setup(You did put the stone,tome, and alkahest in the fabricators,right?),you need to kick start everything.Just put in one lapis block in the top left fabricator,then place the four gold bars in,that should kick start the I.G.C..

Now that the I.G.C. is started, you can try to build on it. You could add a chest to feed it minum stones, pump out the gold/iron/lapis, make it more efficient...

andyyym

Jul 29, 2019
Takes a bit of tinkering to get it started. Kept taking the gold for the minium recipe instead of the tome recipe, but once the iron fabricator buffer is full, works great :D

Good contraption :)

Mrvideogame

Jul 29, 2019
Takes a bit of tinkering to get it started. Kept taking the gold for the minium recipe instead of the tome recipe, but once the iron fabricator buffer is full, works great :D

Good contraption :)
Yes,it does take a bit of work to start. I think if you take out the minum stone that can let the gold craft, then just put the stone back in.I know there is a magic number to keep enough gold in to get to the lapis stage before it is all gone.Further testing is needed....

andyyym

Jul 29, 2019
Yes,it does take a bit of work to start. I think if you take out the minum stone that can let the gold craft, then just put the stone back in.I know there is a magic number to keep enough gold in to get to the lapis stage before it is all gone.Further testing is needed....

Haha, well, I chucked a stack of gold in and it worked perfectly :) now each fabricator is full and I've got 2 barrels of gold ingots :)

So I can confirm that 64 Ingots definitely works, but whether a lower number is possible I'm not sure as of yet.

Oh! and a tip, use a clay golem on the minium fabricator and tell him to keep it stocked with one stone, works a charm :D

Mrvideogame

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, well, I chucked a stack of gold in and it worked perfectly :) now each fabricator is full and I've got 2 barrels of gold ingots :)

So I can confirm that 64 Ingots definitely works, but whether a lower number is possible I'm not sure as of yet.

Oh! and a tip, use a clay golem on the minium fabricator and tell him to keep it stocked with one stone, works a charm :D
Actually fabricators can pull from chests,so the golem is not needed.

andyyym

Jul 29, 2019
Actually fabricators can pull from chests,so the golem is not needed.

I was testing with that, but was having trouble with it. I suspect it has something to do with damage bar items, I read somewhere they can be glitchy in fabricators, so the golem was just an easy fix and making things over complicated isn't a bad thing in the world of FTB :p

Mrvideogame

Jul 29, 2019
I was testing with that, but was having trouble with it. I suspect it has something to do with damage bar items, I read somewhere they can be glitchy in fabricators, so the golem was just an easy fix and making things over complicated isn't a bad thing in the world of FTB :p
Ah yes, i remember that happening to me as well. If the buffer fills i think that stop being a problem. I still can't believe I thought up this thing when i was waiting for a 12x12x12 xyz craft tank to fill with molten ender...

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
On behalf of both myself and Poppycocks, I'd like to thank the maker of this post for providing us with the schematic. It is, as they say, frakking awesome. Now, the entire Advancing server can have infinite stuff forever.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
By which we're trying to say that we most definitely won't misuse this emergent gameplay mechanic except in emergencies and will eagerly await for the coming nerf to said behavior.

JWalty

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same problem. What's the recipe to turn the Iron and the Alkahest into Lapis? Also, I'm going to be posting pictures for an edited version with gregtech (since you need a compressor to make Lapis Blocks)

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same problem. What's the recipe to turn the Iron and the Alkahest into Lapis?
Just put an alkahest and a piece of iron in any configuration in the crafting table. Trust me, lapis will come out. I've tried and it works.

JWalty

Jul 29, 2019
Yay! Finally got everything working. Even with Gregtech and having to compress the Lapis.
Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 7.30.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 7.30.12 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-03-25 at 7.30.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-03-25 at 7.30.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-03-25 at 7.30.18 AM.png[DOUBLEPOST=1364211037][/DOUBLEPOST]Probably going to work on making it faster and more efficient, but the Buildcraft pipes and Redstone Engines are going to have to do for now! Thanks for the idea.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
That's not bad looking at all! Nice job, although you could probably swap out that wooden pipe for an emerald pipe, set to only pull lapis. Better safe than sorry, after all.

JWalty

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, Probably gonna move the compressor over and just get the thing going with RP2 Filters and Timers. Everything is working but the pipes don't go fast enough for what I want xD

Jul 29, 2019
Very clever, though i already have infinite iron from a iron golem farm, infinite gold from a zombie pigman spawner and fabricators...but no lapis gen since i dont really need it :D

Reactions: ApSciLiara