I can play again!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Which do you like better: 1.4 or 1.5?

• 1.4 (who needs upside-down fountains of light when you got swaq)

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • 1.5 (people who don't like upside-down fountains of light just haven't experienced them)

Votes: 35 79.5%
  • I liked them about the same

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
So, you guys know how I had that laptop that played minecraft at a reasonable 12 FPS? And how I blew it up, so now it plays at an unreasonable 2 FPS?

Well, after three months of waiting, watching everyone have their funky-fresh builds and the mod scene doing a complete 180, I'm ready to play again! This is probably temporary, because I may not be keeping this new graphics card (call me paranoid, but my dad's friend sold this to us, and he obviously sold it for a reason--anyone know about problems with the AMD Radeon HD 6800 Graphics Accelerator? :p), but once I get a bit more RAM (16 gigs should be enough) and an operating system to optimize these goodies, I'll be back and ready to play again!
You see, Nose bought a server that we were going to play on, and I couldn't even use it! Since it was for us, I felt really bad since it was going to sit there basically unused (why play on a server alone?). Adeptcraft sorta died, and from what I hear, Reasonance Rise is some type of "For(thepeople)geCraft". Then again, I don't know much about ForgeCraft. What I also know is that people work on the configs for hours before they can even join the server, since there's some qualms about private packs.
What I want to know is how you all are doing with these new mods. How is it, using Tinker's Construct. What's it like having upside-down fountains of light, compared to 1.4.7's ....lack of upside-down fountains of light:confused:. Because multiplayer is subject to changes and resets and you don't have much of a say, I'll stick to single player but stay connected in the forums with pictures and some type of build. But what modpacks are people even using? Tekkit Launcher? Did they ever come out with that FTB 1.5 pack? I'm kinda dissapointed with IC2 and RP2's no-shows, because I've always wanted to play with frames and make an Omnicron-esque super nuclear facility (or just a fusion reactor). But I'm equally (if not more) excited for the ability to have winding conveyor belts, start working with the magic-half of FTB, and...did anybody mentioni upside-down fountains of light?!

WHOOO!

Reactions: Saice

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
So, you guys know how I had that laptop that played minecraft at a reasonable 12 FPS? And how I blew it up, so now it plays at an unreasonable 2 FPS?

Well, after three months of waiting, watching everyone have their funky-fresh builds and the mod scene doing a complete 180, I'm ready to play again! This is probably temporary, because I may not be keeping this new graphics card (call me paranoid, but my dad's friend sold this to us, and he obviously sold it for a reason--anyone know about problems with the AMD Radeon HD 6800 Graphics Accelerator? :p), but once I get a bit more RAM (16 gigs should be enough) and an operating system to optimize these goodies, I'll be back and ready to play again!
You see, Nose bought a server that we were going to play on, and I couldn't even use it! Since it was for us, I felt really bad since it was going to sit there basically unused (why play on a server alone?). Adeptcraft sorta died, and from what I hear, Reasonance Rise is some type of "For(thepeople)geCraft". Then again, I don't know much about ForgeCraft. What I also know is that people work on the configs for hours before they can even join the server, since there's some qualms about private packs.
What I want to know is how you all are doing with these new mods. How is it, using Tinker's Construct. What's it like having upside-down fountains of light, compared to 1.4.7's ....lack of upside-down fountains of light:confused:. Because multiplayer is subject to changes and resets and you don't have much of a say, I'll stick to single player but stay connected in the forums with pictures and some type of build. But what modpacks are people even using? Tekkit Launcher? Did they ever come out with that FTB 1.5 pack? I'm kinda dissapointed with IC2 and RP2's no-shows, because I've always wanted to play with frames and make an Omnicron-esque super nuclear facility (or just a fusion reactor). But I'm equally (if not more) excited for the ability to have winding conveyor belts, start working with the magic-half of FTB, and...did anybody mentioni upside-down fountains of light?!

WHOOO!
Nose has the money for a server?
You know...
If Nose still had the money for a server, he could open up a server for my modpack, AutoMagica, I could make you a Beta Tester, and everything will be great!
TL;DR:
Nose buys server, I make you beta tester, everyone is happy.
And welcome back to FTB!

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019

WHOOO!

I am gonna be starting with TC pretty soon, but have absolutely 0 idea on how to use it (to the Materials and You book I go!). Which mod adds upside down fountains of light? That sounds awesome! I have lately been playing my modpack and recording it in a Let's Play (and I'm actually uploading episode 5 right now, so now Minecraft for me for the next 7 hours :/) along with the FTB Ultimate Pack v1.1.2. My pack is in 1.5, while Ultimate is still in 1.4. Any suggestions for a magic and adventure based modpack? You can find the modlist in my sig, and I will hopefully be adding Rustic Dust (thanks KirinDave), and the Ruins Mod.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Nose has the money for a server?
You know...
If Nose still had the money for a server, he could open up a server for my modpack, AutoMagica, I could make you a Beta Tester, and everything will be great!
TL;DR:
Nose buys server, I make you beta tester, everyone is happy.
And welcome back to FTB!

He bought a slime server on creeperhost, I have no idea if he's still using it or not, I'm sure it fits about 2 or 3 people, so it's not ready for stuff like that.
I am gonna be starting with TC pretty soon, but have absolutely 0 idea on how to use it (to the Materials and You book I go!). Which mod adds upside down fountains of light? That sounds awesome! I have lately been playing my modpack and recording it in a Let's Play (and I'm actually uploading episode 5 right now, so now Minecraft for me for the next 7 hours :/) along with the FTB Ultimate Pack v1.1.2. My pack is in 1.5, while Ultimate is still in 1.4. Any suggestions for a magic and adventure based modpack? You can find the modlist in my sig, and I will hopefully be adding Rustic Dust (thanks KirinDave), and the Ruins Mod.

Well it's KingLemming's Thermal Expansion, with molten glowstone. It goes up and emits light! :eek:
Rustic Dust sounds really *wiggles fingers* mmmmmmhhhmm-ish.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Say, when you are on your Survival World, get on the FTB TS in the No Topic TS with Pass: 6372 and I can guide you through it.
And shouldn't a Slime Server fit the modpack?
EDIT: So apparently, Magma Cube is the smallest server that can fit FTB.
FTB is about 40 mods smaller than my modpack, so I guess that might not work.
EDIT 2: I did some conversions and a Silverfish is $12.34, or 8 GBP.
I'll ask the AutoMagica G+ Community about paying that, and we'll see what happens.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
He bought a slime server on creeperhost, I have no idea if he's still using it or not, I'm sure it fits about 2 or 3 people, so it's not ready for stuff like that.

Well it's KingLemming's Thermal Expansion, with molten glowstone. It goes up and emits light! :eek:
Rustic Dust sounds really *wiggles fingers* mmmmmmhhhmm-ish.

Sorry, RuNic Dust, not Rustic. I might want to know the name of the mod before I add it ;)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Say, when you are on your Survival World, get on the FTB TS in the No Topic TS with Pass: 6372 and I can guide you through it.
And shouldn't a Slime Server fit the modpack?
EDIT: So apparently, Magma Cube is the smallest server that can fit FTB.
FTB is about 40 mods smaller than my modpack, so I guess that might not work.
EDIT 2: I did some conversions and a Silverfish is $12.34, or 8 GBP.
I'll ask the AutoMagica G+ Community about paying that, and we'll see what happens.

Huh? We used slime with up to 3 players in the general vicinity with no issues. But with the two of us looking for somewhere to live and flying with jetpacks in boost mode with haste boots, we killed the server pretty quick, but it reset with no problems.
Sorry, RuNic Dust, not Rustic. I might want to know the name of the mod before I add it ;)
Yeah I saw that mod. It leads to some cool looking floors...and then there's the whole magic part too. Kinda like microblocks, but with liquid, so it's more awesome.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
yay jumpfight is back!
or I'm just blind and didn't see you posting

A little of each. I didn't post as much, but I don't think I left for more than two weeks :p
But now that I can noob a lot with more mods, I have an excuse to be on the forums! The no topic thread was the only thing that interested me, but Lawbroken should be getting that back soon too!

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Congrats on getting back in the game Jump.

Thanks! I was planning on doing something like you, and I always wondered, how do you get the stuff to start? I know in Shoop Corp Orbital, you had several bases until you moved into your rapper's dream, and Shoop Comes to Testificate you could slowly erect building after building, but what did you do in Shoop Resonant Rise? I have yet to even make an idea for a themed build yet, but I wanted to know your process. I've done cloud cities before, but after a while making the clouds get boring, and I get lazy, and they're just floating cubes of doom. Or I'll get lazy with making the bridges nice, and...floating rectangles of...doom:oops:.

EDIT: I forgot the Hovel of Shame!!!!!! D'oh, that answers my question. But how long do you stay in it? At what point do you decide, "I'm ready to make my mama proud"?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
The Hovel is always the starting point. How long I stay there varies a lot. Like on RR I was there for a few weeks I believe. Normally I stay in my hovel until I have two things. Enough base resources to build or automate the making of building mats. And what ever starting tech level I want. Then I build a shell it is nothing but a shape in most cases but I can then build the basic needs. Storage, ore processioning, and the such. And then I move and blow up the Hovel.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Welcome back.

Like many others, I'm working on my own modpack and will make the configs available if anyone wants to download all the mods and try it out. All the "classics", some mods purposely removed, and some lesser known mods thrown in.
I'm actually enjoying the better performance in 1.5.2, I actually had to allocate less ram then before to make my gameplay more stable.

Really loving the latest BoP, Natura, WildCaves, Dimension Doors and Ruins mod for worldgen and adventuring, combined with Stargates for portal travel, and a small mod that adds just a new mining dimension, oh plus falling meteors for a bit of spice...
Tech side of things is covered with TC3 (Magi-Tech), TE, BC, RC, AE, Mekanism/UE, RedLogic, Forestry & MFR.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome back!

1.5 vs 1.4? They both have some sort of awesomeness. 1.5 has Molten Glowstone, Tinker's Construct, Natura, and a drink which teleports you far, far away, while 1.4 has RP2. While RP2 is glitchy, I like a lot of the logic, the whole design of the tubing system (there are some things Tubes can do that AE can't, believe it or not,) and the method of making automated stuffs with Deployers, Block Breakers, and Frames. Was actually considering making an almighty Tree Farm with frames.

MonthOLDpickle

Jul 29, 2019
Had to check out AutoMagica..I figured it has magic mods but even the G+ has no description of what it is and I ain't joining to see if there is one...what mods are in it?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Let's just say it takes 10 minutes to get my computer in the starting screen when I go play AutoMagica.
The modpack essentialy has everything, from standalone mods to addons that add more content than the actual mod and more compatibility - I'm not talking about GT on that one.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome back!

I'm playing on the 1.5.2 NGT pack, waiting for the newest build. I'd love to play with the mod packs people are making, but I'm not popular enough (around enough) to get in on them.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Let's just say it takes 10 minutes to get my computer in the starting screen when I go play AutoMagica.
The modpack essentialy has everything, from standalone mods to addons that add more content than the actual mod and more compatibility - I'm not talking about GT on that one.
Yeah, I really need to get a mod list together.
Don't worry guys!
I'll have it up soon, maybe a mini version in my sig!

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome back!

I'm playing on the 1.5.2 NGT pack, waiting for the newest build. I'd love to play with the mod packs people are making, but I'm not popular enough (around enough) to get in on them.

I haven't seen you in a while either! I see most people have sort of...left FTB, and are now just playing around with mods that they added that's sorta in the "FTB way". This is why this private pack thing really needs to get working. There's so much fragmentation now, but it's cooler, since I learn about more and more mods, instead of everyone saying "I run Direwolf with Optifine", I can see all the mods...and add all the mods!

Yeah, I really need to get a mod list together.
Don't worry guys!
I'll have it up soon, maybe a mini version in my sig!

I thought there were like...hundreds of mods! A mini version would be...um
Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah Blah, blabbity blah blah, bla blah bluah.Blah Blah. Put that in a spoiler, wouldya? :p

Welcome back!

1.5 vs 1.4? They both have some sort of awesomeness. 1.5 has Molten Glowstone, Tinker's Construct, Natura, and a drink which teleports you far, far away, while 1.4 has RP2. While RP2 is glitchy, I like a lot of the logic, the whole design of the tubing system (there are some things Tubes can do that AE can't, believe it or not,) and the method of making automated stuffs with Deployers, Block Breakers, and Frames. Was actually considering making an almighty Tree Farm with frames.

I keep hearing about people talking about frames. If RP2 turned into an easier-updatable frame mod, with some stuff to make frames work (maybe tubes and block breakers), we could just mix other mods with them (shove the goodies into an enderchest to be processed by other mods) and I'd be fine. Because people say that's the only thing RP2 had a "monopoly" on.
Welcome back.

Like many others, I'm working on my own modpack and will make the configs available if anyone wants to download all the mods and try it out. All the "classics", some mods purposely removed, and some lesser known mods thrown in.
I'm actually enjoying the better performance in 1.5.2, I actually had to allocate less ram then before to make my gameplay more stable.

Really loving the latest BoP, Natura, WildCaves, Dimension Doors and Ruins mod for worldgen and adventuring, combined with Stargates for portal travel, and a small mod that adds just a new mining dimension, oh plus falling meteors for a bit of spice...
Tech side of things is covered with TC3 (Magi-Tech), TE, BC, RC, AE, Mekanism/UE, RedLogic, Forestry & MFR.

I completely forgot about 1.5's better performance. I've never seen Stargates, and what is that new mining dimension mod? I'd probably like it as I'm not much of a world resetter. With something easier to write than Mystcraft, I'd be golden!

The Hovel is always the starting point. How long I stay there varies a lot. Like on RR I was there for a few weeks I believe. Normally I stay in my hovel until I have two things. Enough base resources to build or automate the making of building mats. And what ever starting tech level I want. Then I build a shell it is nothing but a shape in most cases but I can then build the basic needs. Storage, ore processioning, and the such. And then I move and blow up the Hovel.

I will try that. I don't tend to build things like space ships, I'll go for the complex/town thing, which is easier because you can build a building and then another building, but for you, mobs and stuff can be a problem unless you have the build safe.
I probably will go do something like you, I won't go space ship because I was never good with that stuff, I see biodomes too often, like underwater domes. I've built my fair share of treehouses..WAIT!
I drew up plans for a huge islamic-looking temple last year for a vanilla build, but with microblocks and more blocks, I'll just add an FTB twist!
Thank god for Thermal Expansion's cobblestone generators and grinders...I'm gonna need a lot of sandstone.