How would I convert a vanilla server to an FTB server

kells117

Jul 29, 2019
So me and my friends have been playing on a 1.7 map on vanilla minecraft for a while and we want to change from vanilla to FTB. I was hoping that it would work but I am not sure if I will be able to convert our world which is in 1.7 into FTB which is in 1.6.4.
I would also like to know how much RAM would be recommended for a 4 man server with FTB.
We'll probably be using horizons, monster or unleashed but will change if need be.
Thanks to anyone that replies

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Next to impossible I believe due to IDs being made obsolete in 1.7. In other words, moving the world into 1.6 might work, but it's more likely it'll end up just one giant void. No harm in trying though. As for RAM, 3-4 gigabytes of RAM dedicated to the server should do the trick.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
To say it's impossible to downgrade would be correct. Too many additions/changes were made to 1.7 to be able to downgrade the world to 1.6.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
I would say, try it. The default IDs are likely the same. The real challenge is migrating from one mod pack to another that have different IDs. Vanilla into a modpack just means world gen will be missing. Downgrading may cause new 1.7 items to dissappear though as if that were a mod. I'd suggest loading the world in vanilla 1.6.4 first, then trying it in a modded 1.6.4 if the 1.6.4 vanilla worked. (Otherwise any mods that use IDs that are used in 1.7 will magically transform into the modded item or block.)

IMarv