How to troubleshoot AE autocrafting?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
My AE won't autocraft anything right now. I mean literally anything, not even the simplest recipe (4 planks into a crafting table) will be made. The crafting interface just says it is making it, but it shows nothing in the missing section. And you can't cancel any tasks. I've had to resort to breaking the MAC and reforming it just to cancel it out.

My AE has plenty of power (it has an entire 100 MJ tesseract channel all to itself, even though it only needs 20 MJ). And it stores and retrieves items fine. There's plenty of space on the drives (4 completely empty 16k storage cells and a 5th with just one item in it).

Autocrafting was working fine this morning. It just stopped all of a sudden and I have no idea how to reset it so it works again.

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
20 mj with auto crafting sounds a little low....is your crafting computer hooked in? (cable broke?)

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
I meant 40 MJ (200 units).

And yes, everything is connected. The fact that the crafting recipes are even available shows that the crafting computer is hooked up. Otherwise, making a crafting table wouldn't even be an option. As of now, it is an option that I can select. Then I go to the crafting monitor and it says it is crafting. But nothing happens.

And no, my goal isn't to make a crafting table, it's to make a matter fabricator. I'm just testing it with crafting table. The same thing happens with every recipe I've tried. AE is stuck, I have no idea why, and I have no idea how to fix it.

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
break a wire to reset it and try making the pattern manualy for something simple like a gear sounds like it's trying to use wood that it cant use do to mod's

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
I fixed the problem. I had an export bus set to autocraft industrial TNT. Apparently, AE doesn't like that option and refused to do any crafting at all (including the industrial TNT, despite having a bunch of sand, gunpowder, and flint). Getting rid of the export bus allowed AE to start actually working.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Yea, Export Buses aren't used to craft with machines, the ME Interface is. Export Bus needs to have an item or items defined to export or it'll just try to do everything.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Although the buses aren't used for autocrafting with machines, what you can set them to do is to export only crafted material, which means they'll request the MAC to make industrial tnt in this case, and then when it's made one, export it to the location, and repeat.

I've got this type of system going to use the tome of alkahest and my diamond levels stocked up at the moment, so I"m not sure why it broke the OP's system..

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
ME Interface http://ae-mod.info/ME-Interface/ is used for the auto craftinf into other machines not bus's
Believe it or not, I actually know how AE works. And you are incorrect.

The interface is where you put a crafting recipe: e.g., iridium alloy ingot --> iridium plate. So the interface pulls iridium alloy ingots from AE and puts it in the top slot. It does nothing for the iTNT. So I use the export bus to put industrial TNT in the bottom slot. I had it set to autocraft industrial TNT if needed. But that messes up AE, so I just made a few stacks instead.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
can you even export bus industrial tnt into an implosion compressor? i was under the impression that top was for alloys/dusts and sides were for output, like the electrolyzer, making the implosion compresser impossible to automate without a router or translocator. maybe it was getting stuck because it couldnt deposit the item?

not that its worth automating the compressor anyway, just do chunks of alloys at a time as the recipe only takes one second.

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
can you even export bus industrial tnt into an implosion compressor? i was under the impression that top was for alloys/dusts and sides were for output, like the electrolyzer, making the implosion compresser impossible to automate without a router or translocator. maybe it was getting stuck because it couldnt deposit the item?
Yes, you can automate it. Input for alloys/dusts is the top. The side with the iTNT picture on the side is where you put iTNT. The side without iTNT on the side is the output. So if you have AE, stick an interface on the top, put an import bus on the side without iTNT, put an export bus on the side with TNT set to input stacks of iTNT.

As for why to automate, take, for example, an ultimate hybrid solar. You need 16 iridium alloy ingots and two stacks of iTNT. Yeah, you could walk over there with 16 ingots and 2 stacks of iTNT. Or you could select iridium plates from AE and have it make it for you.

For the electrolyzer and blast furnace, top of the block is top input slot, bottom of the block is the bottom input slot of the blast furnace or the cell slot of the electrolyzer, either side is the output.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I do remember reading that about the TNT icon now, my bad. Its strange that it happened to you though, I wonder why. The only thing I can think of now is the ratios, maybe it was thinking it needed less TNT than it did. I use auto crafting export to an ME interface all the time and my system doesn't get clogged, though this is different in that they're all shaped not machine interfaces.

Another thought, how big is your MAC? Would it have issues if you didn't have the MAC CPU bandwidth for the number of requests running? Or I could be too curious and its just a bug :p. I remember the last version didn't like lapotron crystals which was a royal pain.

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I do remember reading that about the TNT icon now, my bad. Its strange that it happened to you though, I wonder why. The only thing I can think of now is the ratios, maybe it was thinking it needed less TNT than it did. I use auto crafting export to an ME interface all the time and my system doesn't get clogged, though this is different in that they're all shaped not machine interfaces.

Another thought, how big is your MAC? Would it have issues if you didn't have the MAC CPU bandwidth for the number of requests running? Or I could be too curious and its just a bug :p. I remember the last version didn't like lapotron crystals which was a royal pain.
My MAC has 3 pattern providers and 7 cpus, so it should be big enough. And it makes lapotron crystals just fine. It makes iTNT just fine, it just doesn't like it when the export bus is set to auto-craft iTNT and put it into the implosion compressor