How to PRODUCE Lava effectively?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ThePokepika99

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing on FTB Unleashed 1.1.0 server and I have a problem.

I have lava pumping station in Nether. But we have had some lag on the server and now owner is saying that moving lava in Nether causes server-side lag. (Don't know if it is true or not.)
And my main power source is lava. Well... Now I can't pump lava from Nether, but I need lots of lava...
So how can I PRODUCE lava?
I want it to be able to sustain itself and create as much as possible.
It doesn't need to be HUGE single machine, it can be small and simple. (I can make many of them ;))

Thank you.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Nether bees produce combs that create lava more or less.
I ended up with so much lava i didnt know what do with it......

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Use the Ender-Thermal pump from extra utilities. It replaces the lava block with stone when pumped, and does not need to be over lava to work.. Just near. No flowing lava blocks, and it chunkloads what it needs to work automatically. It will only work in the nether however.

edit - Ninja'd

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Blaze Rods (from a T5 Spawner). It needs 8.000 MJ to produce one bucket of lava and you get 18.000 MJ back in the Magmatic Engine.

Demonic Bees. Produces a phosphor every cycle with "Fastest" speed. Two Phosphor + 1 Sand = 2 buckets Lava. So one bee can support 8 Magmatic Engines running at 4 MJ/tick. ... And you get plenty of Glowstones as byproduct.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Mineffactory Reloaded also has the Lava Fabricator, so you could start collecting oil and fuel and turn it into lava, if you wanted.

edit: ive heard its hard to find Demonic bees, is there a trick to finding them?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't matter if Netherrack is renweable. ONE minimum size quarry run from the nether at the right spot will give you months of continuous output from that kind of system. Do the math on how long it takes to consume a bucket of lava vs how long it takes to produce. A barrel of netherrack (of which you will have several) is an incredibly energy-dense medium.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Demonic Bees + 1 alveary + X amount of igneus extruders = infinite lava.

It's not even funny how much lava I can make that I had to stop the production of the simmering combs.

Reactions: SpitefulFox