How to mix a texture pack with another one

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
So, I really love the Faithful32 pack for FTB 1.6.4 by smenes and DzCreeper, but I want to change the sky/sun/clouds/stars and water for the ones you can find in Misa Texture Pack, the problem is when I try to mix them, the water turns white and is totally screwed up, I tried it both way (mixing Misa textures I wanted into the Faithful32 pack and also tried the opposite, but the damn water is grey/white instead of the beautiful blue I really want from the Misa Pack.

One thing here, I never ever used McPatcher, do I really need to mess with McPatcher and find how to import it into the correct jar and hope it won't make my stuff crash, I tried to use it, but it doesn't list the MultiMC5 jar in there, only the ones find in the damn Vanilla Launcher so how do I do this.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
it may be the biome color picture thing that i see alot, it makes the water a certain hue depending on the biome, try messing around with it in gimp and see what happens, you said it was white so i assume you need to make it more blue

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Found out its linked to mcpatcher, now is to find how could I use it for my MultiMC5 FTB instance and not the rest of them, tried replacing the jar, it automatically download a brand new one each time you do it, but I'm sure there's a way to avoid this...

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Looks more complicated than I expected, for now, 0 tutorials, no forums answer which normally are quick to be found with google, nothing can be found on how to have mcpatcher work on FTB Launcher or MultiMC5, am I asking for the moon or something, I know Forge add support for HD Textures in it, but not for the custom colors of the water that I need, will have to look at different water that wouldn't require mcpatcher to work, I just need a clear water or something more realistic than the blue from Minecraft, I loved the water in JohnSmith but I think I can't take this one either.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Partly solved, not exactly the water I wanted but I got the one from Soartex Pack and it works well, the only problem I have is if I use the NightVision potion or the one from my MPS helmet underwater I get the standard underwater from Faithful32, but without NightVision I got a clear view underwater, I may have to check if I have to modify a file to correct this, but its at least a lot better that way...