How to install Optifine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephrik

Jul 29, 2019
So, because I haven't seen anyone post how to do it for the official launcher, I'm going to write a quick and easy guide.
  1. Download Optifine(Only tested with Optifine_1.4.2_HD_U_A7, but it should work with others provided they're 1.4.2 compatible)
  2. Open FTB Launcher
  3. Click on the "Edit Mod Pack" button.
  4. Click the "JarMods" tab.
  5. Click the "Add Mod" folder.
  6. Browse until you find the optifine .zip file, click it and then click on the "Open" button.
  7. Verify that optifine is in the "Enabled Mods" section of the "JarMods" tab.
  8. Close this window, and launch the game.

Joshuablock

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having problems with the portal gun when there's 2 portals all i see is like an xray do you knpw why?

Daxamar

Nov 21, 2012
Thanks! Wondering if you could do something like this for Mo' Creatures. Im having some difficulties getting it to work.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
This is all you need to do:

In the newest version of the Launcher some people have reported sucess in installing Optifine by placing it in the istMods folder. Some people have not been able to get this to work.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
So, because I haven't seen anyone post how to do it for the official launcher, I'm going to write a quick and easy guide.
  1. Download Optifine(Only tested with Optifine_1.4.2_HD_U_A7 Optifine_1.4.2_HD_U_B5, but it should work with others provided they're 1.4.2 compatible.
Thanks for this post! Very helpful indeed, however I recommend using the later version (HD_U_B5) for potentially better results, although I'm sure A7 is fine too, I just haven't tried it myself.
B5 was recommended during one of Slow's streams.

Sephrik

Jul 29, 2019
At the time of posting, A7 was the only version available for 1.4.2. I haven't updated and tested it, but I'm sure it'd work.

NashuLee

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't work for me on my mac, it starts the game, but never gets off the original screen, it just freezes' there

Sephrik

Jul 29, 2019
Go to the directory where FTB is installed, then open the "FTBBETAA" folder. From there, open instMods, and make sure the zip file for OptiFine is located here. If not, put it here now and run the launcher again.

Isentiototus

Jul 29, 2019
So is there any where or way I can get a normal version of optifine 1.4.2.... I have a viable copy, but it is Ultra/Multi-threaded so I get graphical issues like this:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mobs-are-messed-up-looking.3205/#post-34751

They repeatedly suggest not using Ultra..... Anyone know how to use multi-threading successfully, or have a normal Optifine version??

Edit: NVM I found it in the original forum post lol....

Status
Not open for further replies.