how to get Lava from the Nether with a bucket (automatic)?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
mystcraft for 1.4.6 is not working correctly right now so i like to get the lava from the nether to the over world.
But i don't want to wast all my tin for capsules.
I am testing all thinks that come to my mind but non works like i like them.

i like to use a BC pump to get the lava from the lava-lake. Then fill it up in a bucket and with an ender chest to the over world, unload it into a tank and be happy.
But there seems no way to fill the bucket automatic.
tried liquid loaders/unloaders (can only empty bucket in the loader)
turtles seems they are not able to work with BC tanks or place in specific slot of Railcraft Tank.

So any good ideas of something i miss?

Bavalos

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you are using the lava for energy, specifically EU, you could have a geothermal facility in the Nether filling up lap crystals and then filter them out of the MFE or MFSU with redpower filter and into an enderchest. Empty in the Overworld and send back.

Plebbian

Jul 29, 2019
What I've been doing with oil is to have a liquid transposer next to a pump with it configured to accept liquid from that side with a filter pulling empty cans out of an ender chest into it. The transposer fills the cans from the output of the pump and puts the filled cans directly into the ender chest. In your base you have a second liquid transposer taking the filled cans and emptying them into your tank. The empty cans get put back into the chest and loop until you run out of lava at your location and have to move the pump :).

You can use buckets with this design as well, but the liquid transposer gives you back the empty cans and I consider the initial investment of 3 tin vs 3 iron worth it so that you can have a being filled and another being emptied at the same time :).

Pictures below of my test setup.
3IzTh.png

Reactions: damnedsky

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I have to ask.... why you wasting resources trying to do this with buckets?

BC pump > Liquid loaders > railcart tanks > mystcraft portals > liquid unloader > railcraft tank

Or is this a pack with no mystcraft?

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I have to ask.... why you wasting resources trying to do this with buckets?

BC pump > Liquid loaders > railcart tanks > mystcraft portals > liquid unloader > railcraft tank

Or is this a pack with no mystcraft?

He says so right in his first post: "mystcraft for 1.4.6 is not working correctly right now so i like to get the lava from the nether to the over world."

Drakt

Jul 29, 2019
tried liquid loaders/unloaders (can only empty bucket in the loader)
turtles seems they are not able to work with BC tanks or place in specific slot of Railcraft Tank.

So any good ideas of something i miss?

Try liquid transposer, you can select liquid>bucket or bucket>liquid.
But use tin cans, or youll have problems with stacking, its how i had my nether setup in the betapack.

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
I thought the cans where used up in the newer versions (i use the newest) when emptied out?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I played with this and found this works, take into account there's so many ways to do what you want that no way is right or wrong, it either just works or doesn't.

Enderchest > filter (containing empty bucket) > input side of liq transposer
Pump with Liq transposer on top of it, use any BC engine for power.
Liq transposer > gold pipe > enderchest

On the other end

Enderchest > filter (with full lava bucket in it) > liq transposer (set to empty the bucket) with liq pipe (either BC or TE) to tank
Set output of Liq Trans > gold BC pipe > enderchest

That works for me.