How to find the Labyrinth

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hellcat9000

Jul 29, 2019
As the title states I am trying to figure out how in the world to find the Labyrinth from the Twilight Forest mod. I am completely clueless on that.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
2 options are basically to either wander around until you find a biome without trees, or to get a magic map and head to the stoney maze symbol.

Hellcat9000

Jul 29, 2019
I am unable to find any symbols or the such and my map shows a very limited area, enclosed is a screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    250.7 KB · Views: 320

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
These vast mazes are usually found under Clearings in the Twilight Forest. There are two levels in each Labyrinth, each with some unique features. The first level is accessible from a small ruin somewhere in the clearing.

so just fly around tell you find it

Hellcat9000

Jul 29, 2019
I know it is clearings, however my problem is finding them. I have spent the entire time since posting this searching for it in Creative.

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
it's random so there realy isnt much more then that for ppl to tell you.....if your realy having that much trouble delete the map and try again

Hellcat9000

Jul 29, 2019
My problem is that I don't understand how on the website they show over 15 symbols in one area of the map and when I go through an entire one I find absolutely nothing

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the Twilight Forest is an entire new dimension, in which everything TF-related spawns. It doesn't spawn anything in the overworld.

Hellcat9000

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, I can't believe I was this stupid. Anyway thanks for all the help and sorry for wasting everyone's time and energy! Problem solved!!!

Hellcat9000

Jul 29, 2019
How exactly do you make these portals? I have done 2x2x1 2x2x2 2x2x3 and had it surrounded in yellow dandelions. I had tall grass and everything. I am sure it is loaded correctly on the server and even went so far as to look at it in single player mode as well and it did not work. Any advice?

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019
How exactly do you make these portals? I have done 2x2x1 2x2x2 2x2x3 and had it surrounded in yellow dandelions. I had tall grass and everything. I am sure it is loaded correctly on the server and even went so far as to look at it in single player mode as well and it did not work. Any advice?

Literally, the first paragraph in the twilight forest guide provided by Tindin explains exactly how to build the portal.

Dig a 2x2 hole in the ground that is one block deep. Fill it with water as if you were making an infinite spring. surround the edge with natural stuff. Toss in a diamond.

Brilliance

Jul 29, 2019
I just saw the thread title, and now all I can think of is David Bowie. I don't know whether to curse you or thank you.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
There's a very nice item called the magic map that points out all the surrounding magical areas very nicely. That should show you to the labyrinth.

WaterTipper

Jul 29, 2019
1. Find a Hollow Hill in the Twilight Forest; they're circle-shaped mounds from the outside and relatively easy to spot.
2. Get some Transformation Powder from the chests inside. (there's usually plenty of them)
3. Next time you go mining, take a Transformation Powder with you.
4. Once you spot a bat, right click it with the powder and it will turn into a raven.
5. Kill the raven, get the feather, and craft it into a Magic Map Focus. (NEI comes in handy)
6. With the focus, craft the Magic Map; it will show you all the major structures and boss dungeons in the area.