How to find bees

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

schmru

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, after some search i have found most of the bees from direwolf20 modpack. Just can't find forest bees, rocky and water.
Does anyone have any sugestions how to easily find those?

Thanks for all help.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, after some search i have found most of the bees from direwolf20 modpack. Just can't find forest bees, rocky and water.
Does anyone have any sugestions how to easily find those?

Thanks for all help.

Forest bees should be in the forest, I think they have red hives, but I am likely thinking of meadow bees as I just saw a hive of them last night so likely a white hive.

Rocky bees are found underground (if I remember correctly, and the billions of rocky drones and princesses from my quarry have anything to say about it). They have an off-white hive color (looks like rock).

Water bees are found underwater. They have blue hives, I think.

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
Forest bees are in trees.

Rocky bees are underground.

Water bees are underwater.

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
If memory serves, and it often does not, forest hives are white with a dark green/grayish stripe. They typically hide up in the trees and in my experience are always the last hive I find and the one I want the most.

It can help to run around during the night since they do produce light, but in my experience the lighting is typically glitched and as such they are pretty well hidden.

Meadows are red, rocky is grey and blend in really well with their smooth stone surroundings, and water is blue.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Without sounding condescending (which is hard)....

Water bees are in the water
Forest bees are in forest biomes
Rocky bees are in the rock (IE underground)

Reactions: jumpfight5

schmru

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys, thanks for the info on roky and water ones, thought i have to search for them on surfice, now i just hope they aren't so hard to found as forest one.

Thanks again

schmru

Jul 29, 2019
just one more question, do extra bees hives also glow with light like the others?

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
I found that the water bees were really hard to find. You'll find them 1 block under the water line around the edges of oceans and rivers. They don't give off any light but walking along the shoreline you should be able to spot them easily enough. Just be prepared for a long walk!

On a related note, does anyone know which flowers they need to breed? I've tried all the 'usual' flowery stuff but they refuse to do anything "couldn't find the right flowers".