How to create a personal 1.6.4 server

Gojira1986

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, FTB forums. Glad to finally be here! I was wondering if there are any good tutorials, or if anyone could walk me through the steps of setting up my own 1.6.4 FTB server for myself and a couple friends? We want to play either the Direwolf20 or Monster pack, but all of the tutorials I've found on Youtube are for 1.5 versions of MC and/or for windows, and I'm on a mac, and while I've set up vanilla MC servers before, I think setting up a FTB server might be different? I don't know, honestly, but my attempts have not worked.

If you can help me out, thank you. Sorry if this is a typical noob question, and if there's already a thread for this, please post a link to it and then feel free to lock this thread. Also, if you could, please use layman's terms when trying to walk me through this stuff-I'm surprised I was even able to get FTB running at all; I'm not a compooter savvy person.

Thanks again! We love FTB!

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Open the ftb launcher, select your pack and version, click download server.

Find the server files wherever you downloaded them to and move them to where you want your server to be located.

Double click the Serverzstart.sh

Make sure you have port 25565 open on your computer.

The server will be running.

Tutorial via layman.

Gojira1986

Jul 29, 2019
So my friend is setting up the server on his computer because he has a more stable connection than I do, and he's come across this error:

[INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.6.4
[SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception MissingModsException
cpw.mods.fml.common.MissingModsException
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.sortModList(Loader.java:228)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:491)
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:99)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:350)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:69)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:445)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
[SEVERE] This crash report has been saved to: C:\Users\-his disk name-\Desktop\server MC\modpacks^Direwolf20_1_6_4^1_0_11^Direwolf20Server\.\crash-reports\crash-2014-01-13_20.23.01-server.txt

I don't know what this means, but hopefully you guys do???

Also, will he have to port this server forward, and if so, how does he go about that?

Thanks again!

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
That is only a very small part of the log. Put the whole crashlog on pastebin or a similar site. The server is missing a mod, but that useless snippet of a log doesn't say which mod.

If people outside his LAN want to play, it will require port forwarding. This is generally the most used site for learning how to do that: http://portforward.com/