How to charge Botania tools?

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
I just made my Manasteel tools and i saw there is the possibility to prevent them from loosing durability with something like Mana tablet or anything else.
But when i toss the tablet in the mana pool there is nothing happening the tablet is not charging at all.

I'm trying to understand how it work but the very big problem is that i'm deaf since 1 weak now and i cant ear anything from the let's play and spotlight i was looking before being deaf so my only solution is to ask you : how can i make my mana tools unbreakable or at least being able to recharge them ?

Thanks in advance

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
You shift right click the pool with a wand of the forest to make it spare power to items.
This, though there's some other options as well. There are two rings you can craft that come in quite handy if you wish to work with the Botania tools: the Ring of Mana and another one whose name I honestly forget right now haha. In any case, one ring passively charges mana while the other ring stores it much the same as a tablet. Just... you wear it rather than carrying it around in your inventory, essentially. I'd highly recommend both if you can spare the baubles slots! In particular if you're going to go with manasteel armour and such as well.

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm ok but i's charging really slowly, i guess it's because i need more mana generation (i have a bundle of 24 nightshade / 24 Daybloom with 1 spreader each charging 1 pool) i'll try to add some generation

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm ok but i's charging really slowly, i guess it's because i need more mana generation (i have a bundle of 24 nightshade / 24 Daybloom with 1 spreader each charging 1 pool) i'll try to add some generation
Endoflames are a great early game mana gen.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
As Wagon said, Endoflames are basically the best early game mana generation. Daybloom and Nightshade are great for exceptionally slow trickle-gen, but it'll take quite a while to add up to anything particular useful. They mostly exist to allow you to get the necessary mana to imbue flower petals with so you can make better generating flowers. I've been feeding my own Endoflames with Blocks of Coal since I have about 2.5 stacks of the stuff and they've taken me far just with that. The real challenge is working out some sort of end-game generation system to open up and maintain a portal with, but I haven't quite worked that part out yet in my own pack.

Vilmos

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easy way to automate throwing coal at the endoflames? Otherwise I'm thinking dispenser/dropper on a really long timer for blocks of charcoal...

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easy way to automate throwing coal at the endoflames? Otherwise I'm thinking dispenser/dropper on a really long timer for blocks of charcoal...
Hopper on a Open crate above a wooden pressure plate connected to the hopper with red alloy wire.