How to change default Ore/Ingot?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
How do I change the Ore Block and the ore's Ingot defaults?
I'm currently playing Direwolf20's 1.6.4 pack but I heavily dislike the default Ore Ingot's Icons I am getting out of smelting/machines - I think those are IC2E Ingots.

I'm fine working the configs, done that before - I just wonder if there is some kind of FTB's global config that has control over this? Or do I have to check each mod's configs and change the ID's accordingly?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
From what I understand there is no way of preventing getting different types of ingots/dusts etc from different types of machines. But it is possible to change them into other types by either forcing them into the same JABBA barrel or the "mod that I cannot remember"s Unifier block.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
From what I understand there is no way of preventing getting different types of ingots/dusts etc from different types of machines. But it is possible to change them into other types by either forcing them into the same JABBA barrel or the "mod that I cannot remember"s Unifier block.

MFR

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
It is possible, for example TC Smeltery returns IC2 Ingots.
Been on servers where they were changing the "global" ingot outcome from time to time, also I used to do that at my SSP modded instances - it wasn't difficult with 5-10 mods, but 70+ is quite a chore.
That was a sidenote, but again - don't derail this topic into discussion of wether it is or it is not possible, thread is about smarter solution than manually digging each mod's config.
Actually, I cant seem to remember if I, in fact, did that or made a workaround creating a SSP server with plugion that could do that for me.

Last edited: