How many pages of items should NEI be showing?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
I think I see about 57 to 58 pages worth of items, but a friend of mine says he sees 400+ pages.
This cannot be right.

This is FTB Monster by the way.

Anyone?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I think I see about 57 to 58 pages worth of items, but a friend of mine says he sees 400+ pages.
This cannot be right.

This is FTB Monster by the way.

Anyone?
It differs with the UI scale and which UI you have NEI open in. The default E have different space for the NEI than a chest for example I think.

So you cant base the number of pages on anything. It is not only based on the number of items, but also the number of items that can fit the screen at the current time.

Reactions: Padfoote

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
If you hit ESC and go into Options - Video Settings, you can change the "GUI Scale".

On "Small", in Monster, NEI is 7 pages and there are so many icons on my screen (I run at 2560x1600 lol) I cannot possibly count them. Thousands.
On "Normal", NEI is 29 pages. I fit about 40 rows of 30 items on each page.
On "Large", NEI is 72 pages. 27 rows of 18 item icons.
On "Auto", NEI is 444 pages, only 13 rows of 6 items on each page.

Using those numbers, there are approx. 13*6*444 = 34,632 items in NEI, in Monster. :) So on Small GUI, I can fit about 5000 items per NEI page on one screen. LOL By the way... it really bogs my rig down a lot when I do it. That's why I usually run on Auto believe it or not, despite the big screen. Small icons are just tough to distinguish. Large setting is playable, anything below that is not (for me anyway). Really slows the computer down.

Last edited: