1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

How do you use a quartz grindstone?

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by Squidgen, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Squidgen

Squidgen New Member

So, I finally found some quartz and made a quartz grindstone. However, I neglected to find out how it actualy works. I just assumed that right clicking would activate it, but it just brings up the GUI. How do I work this thing?

2. Mash

Mash New Member

Don't you need one of those handcrank thingamabobs in the top of it?

Or something?

I'm just grasping at straws, really. I've never used the manual grindstone.

3. Squidgen

Squidgen New Member

Hand cranks? I remember seeing one of those while scrolling through NEI... I'll give it a try.

4. ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0 Forum Addict

Chocorate likes this.
  5. twisto51

twisto51 New Member

Perfect job for a member of your turtle army.

6. whizzball1

whizzball1 New Member

Or a deployer on a timer.

7. EternalDensity

EternalDensity New Member

I Blu-tacked my mouse.

8. Bigglesworth

Bigglesworth New Member

Its pretty complicated, I'll give you that. I'll guide you through it.

Steps:
    1. Click hand crank.

9. Mash

Mash New Member

You missed a step.

Steps:
    1. Apply Hand crank.
    2. Click it.

You have to do that first, crucial step, otherwise you just bring up the GUI. Pretty comparable to trying to turning on a fan before you plug the damn thing in.

10. Bigglesworth

Bigglesworth New Member

11. EternalDensity

You forgot step 0: craft the hand crank.

12. Chocorate

Chocorate New Member

You can also use a turtle.

I'm glad some people don't get rid of "exploits" or whatever you want to call it.

13. Bigglesworth

Bigglesworth New Member

Maybe i should start with putting a computer together ->installing mc->installing mods :p

14. EternalDensity

Putting a computer together -> making it into a turtle. :p

russjr08 likes this.
  15. PonyKuu

PonyKuu New Member

If you are talking turtles, I'd like to see this.
    Turtle gets items from the chest, goes to the grindstone, puts items into it, then whacks the handcrank until items are grinded, then takes them out and maybe smelts them in a furnace.
    If turtle is used just for whacking the crank, it's not very interesting. Not really an exploit, just a bit... dumb.

16. EternalDensity

[​IMG]

Chocorate likes this.
  17. Chocorate

Chocorate New Member

People claim it's an exploit because the point of the grindstone was to provide free maceration while requiring time consumption/self work. I actually think the turtle thing is pretty crafty, but then again they say it's not fair because you can just copy/paste the turtle program. But this is going nowhere and I think it's mostly been settled.

18. Bagman817

Bagman817 New Member

Seems like by the time you make a turtle and program it, you could just make a pulverizer. /shrug

Greyed likes this.
  19. PonyKuu

PonyKuu New Member

Meh, I just think that power in mods is for using it, and not for "I can grind items without any power even though it takes much more time to do so". That's not OP/non-OP thing, just logic...

20. Mash

Mash New Member

This is my line of thinking.

If the grindstone were the only means of doing this, I'd see the merit. Buuut, I skip completely over the grindstone because by the point where I desperately need double ores, I usually have a macerator and a generator.