How do you tell which mods in a pack are client-side only?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to set up a 152wgt server and having a hard time with it. Through research and forum searching I've come to the conclusion that it's not working because I'm trying to load client side mods (due to copying the mods folder from client 1.5.2 to the 1.4.7 server), but I don't know how to tell which mods I shouldn't load on the server. If anyone can help with this or direct me to some alternate method of acquiring 152wgt server files, I'd appreciate it.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Basically, any mod which changes your perspective without changing the mechanics of the world around you is going to be client-side, generally. So mods like REI's Minimap or Optifine are client-side.

NEI is a special deal because it can be configured server-side to prohibit non-admins from accessing Cheat Mode.

Ask yourself: Does this mod add something to the world, or does it just change my perspective of the world. If the latter, it's probably a client-side mod.

Reactions: Mahoka