How do you tame cats in Feed the Beast?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Remaker

Jul 29, 2019
I can't find anything about this. Feeding them raw fish doesn't work. I've given away over three stacks of fish to several different ocelots, and even tried removing and reinstalling to see if that cleared the problem. Wolves don't have this issue. Is there some kind of special building we have to make for cats now?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Have not tired but I do not believe there is anything special added to cats. Might be a bug my current world I'm in the middle of the ocean so I don't have access to cats to check.

Remaker

Jul 29, 2019
It just started working. Don't know why, I didn't change anything. Between my different trials, I probably gave away ten stacks with no results, but once it started working, I was taming cats with 1-4 fish on average. That's too sharp a change in behavior to be chance. Maybe I was in a bugged chunk or something.

rekasa

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe those were particularily hungry cats. XD
But actually, that's quite an odd error. Glad you got it fixed!

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
If you own cats, you know that they like you or not, depending on their fickle feline moods. Sounds like it's working correctly =)

Out of curiosity, how many did you tame? Reading your post, I'm imagining an army of cats, sitting on chests throughout your base.

Remaker

Jul 29, 2019
I only tamed three. I just wanted enough to make a creeper shield around my work area.

I had stacks and stacks of fish because I got suspicious after ten failures in a row and started cheating more fish in to test. Once the bug cleared, for whatever weird reason that it did, I deleted the extra fish.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I only tamed three. I just wanted enough to make a creeper shield around my work area.

I had stacks and stacks of fish because I got suspicious after ten failures in a row and started cheating more fish in to test. Once the bug cleared, for whatever weird reason that it did, I deleted the extra fish.

LOL now I have this image of cats in little cages around a crafting area.

Reactions: rekasa