How do you pull more than one stack of items out at once

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

smash090

Jul 29, 2019
I was wonder how you pull more than one stack of items out of an inventory at once like from your inventory into a chest or a chest to your personal?

Thanks in advance!

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Well, from a chest you should be able to put more than one filter on said chest to pull more than one stack per redstone cycle. Or more retrievers if you are building a system like that.

It becomes a whole lot easier if you install the Logistics Pipes mod, as it allows you to pull one stack a tick with the highest revision module for such things. My quarry system gets backlogged around 25mj/t on a single quarry with just filters and retrievers. With log pipes, I don't have any such issue. They are a good deal more expensive, though, so start with redpower2 (or buildcraft if you are feeling adventurous) to make a simple sorting system, then redesign it when they add log pipes/add it yourself/add a lot more filters/retrievers.

Good luck!

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
If you press and hold shift while dragging item stack from one inventory to the other it will move all stacks of this item.

Edit: @ Guswut I don't think he was talking about item routing ;).

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: @ Guswut I don't think he was talking about item routing ;).

Ah, well in that case, I can confirm what you posted works (and it explains why, every now and again, I'll accidentally do this and then go "Wait, why the heck do I have a full inventory of copper wire‽", thanks!).

Phycoz

Jul 29, 2019
Either what he said above, or if you hold space and click on any item it will put as many items as it can from your inventory into a chest or vice versa.