How do you power a steam turbine? Minefactory Reloaded

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
You power it with steam. I think you have to have a certain version of MFR for water to work, I know for a fact that this works in Monster 1.1.0. However being able to use water in a steam turbine is a bug, so abuse it while you still can.

Projekt

Jul 29, 2019
You power it with steam. I think you have to have a certain version of MFR for water to work, I know for a fact that this works in Monster 1.1.0. However being able to use water in a steam turbine is a bug, so abuse it while you still can.
Damnit! How do you produce steam? :L

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
Damnit! How do you produce steam? :L
Railcraft steam boilers. I think there is a way to make steam through rotarycraft and factorization as well.
Here is a link to the Railcraft steam boilers: http://ftbwiki.org/Steam_Boiler
You can power them in various ways such as fuel, coal, etc... You can use the steam produce in the Railcraft steam engines, TE3 steam dynamos, or the MFR steam turbines.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I find it hard to believe that MFR would have a Steam power system but no way to generate steam.
Railcraft steam boilers. I think there is a way to make steam through rotarycraft and factorization as well.
Can't vouch for RotaryCraft production of steam(not my area of expertize), but factorization has steam from solar boilers(which only work on the surface during the day, surprise surprise!), but also has a new device that "eats" food to generate heat, which can be used to heat a boiler of some kind from FZ.

GregTech has Boilers as well, too, but they aren't the most popular due to being from GregTech, even if he has a Multiblock variant that is actually really powerful.

Projekt

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using a custom modpack, my Minecraft reloaded is at version 2.7.4, updating to 2.7.5, hopefully that contains the bug!

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Rotary craft steam is actually produced through ReactorCraft, an even more complex but powerful mod.
Big reactors can also produce steam now as of their latest updates.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Rotary craft steam is actually produced through ReactorCraft, an even more complex but powerful mod.

It actually has a machine in its own right that can produce steam in its own right if, I think, railcraft is installed.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Just so my feeble mind is clear on this: Rotary/ReactorCraft steam is entirely its own thing right? Or is it possible for me to route Railcraft/etc steam to a ReactorCraft vent to create steam entities and power a reactorcraft turbine? (Cuz that would be weird but neato)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Just so my feeble mind is clear on this: Rotary/ReactorCraft steam is entirely its own thing right? Or is it possible for me to route Railcraft/etc steam to a ReactorCraft vent to create steam entities and power a reactorcraft turbine? (Cuz that would be weird but neato)
I'm not entirely sure to be honest.

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
It actually has a machine in its own right that can produce steam in its own right if, I think, railcraft is installed.

You actually don't even need Railcraft. Rotarycraft has its own Steam Engine that will produce its own steam, given water and a heat source nearby.

Reactions: YX33A

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
You actually don't even need Railcraft. Rotarycraft has its own Steam Engine that will produce its own steam, given water and a heat source nearby.

I meant steam as a liquid which afaik the steam engine does not produce that or even "actually" use it.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I'll raise with BigReactors. :)

Ako did a spotlight on the latest 0.30 version - it looks awesome!

Big Reactors has been mentioned several times already. And I was using it when it first came out around June/July last year - so I'm fairly familiar with it. I honestly prefer AS though. I like to use both normally though.