How do you automate Blood Magic alchemy with AE?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
I've set up multiple Alchemic Chemistry Sets and I've tried many different ways to automate it with AE but am yet to have any success. I'm starting to think it isn't possible anymore but I just wanted to check with my fellow beast feeders.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
It depends what you are trying to make.
For example, anything that uses 2 stacks of the same item (e.g simple catalyst - redstone) would be harder to automate seeing as pumping in items would require you to put 2 stacks of that item in.... but if you are fine with making a stack of certain items at a time, you can use ME interfaces and patterns.

I will use simple catalyst as an example:
When making a new pattern in the pattern encoder you would put:
redstone, redstone, glowstone, sugar, gunpowder
in the crafting grid
and then put a simple catalyst in the output
Maybe do a stack of each item?

And then put theme interface next to the chemistry set, and have it set to import into it. Then put the pattern in, and hook it up to your AE network.
Then when you request to crafting 1 simple catalyst (assuming you put a stack of each item in the crafting bit) it will fill the chemistry set :)
Then you just need a precision import bus to pull out ONLY the simple catalyst (or whatever you tell it to make)

It is hard to get it to separate the items which it uses 2 of (redstone in a simple catalyst) without going over a stack. So the best bet is to use the Ballad of Alchemy ritual. But it is possible to do it without... just VERY annoying :p

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Never done it myself, but the way I would do it is using a Ballad of Alchemy for every substance I need, and use ME interfaces with patterns to export items into the input chests and use conduits to pull products from the output chest to the interface. Would take up a lot of space, but would make for an awesome looking room :p

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
it's probably easier to do an auto fill setup, storage bus in a subnet on the altar and then a slew of import and export buses into interfaces across the subnetwork and a second one with a chest holding the results triggered by various level emitters from the main network

all using the ballad of alchemy

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
It depends what you are trying to make.
For example, anything that uses 2 stacks of the same item (e.g simple catalyst - redstone) would be harder to automate seeing as pumping in items would require you to put 2 stacks of that item in.... but if you are fine with making a stack of certain items at a time, you can use ME interfaces and patterns.

I will use simple catalyst as an example:
When making a new pattern in the pattern encoder you would put:
redstone, redstone, glowstone, sugar, gunpowder
in the crafting grid
and then put a simple catalyst in the output
Maybe do a stack of each item?

And then put theme interface next to the chemistry set, and have it set to import into it. Then put the pattern in, and hook it up to your AE network.
Then when you request to crafting 1 simple catalyst (assuming you put a stack of each item in the crafting bit) it will fill the chemistry set :)
Then you just need a precision import bus to pull out ONLY the simple catalyst (or whatever you tell it to make)

It is hard to get it to separate the items which it uses 2 of (redstone in a simple catalyst) without going over a stack. So the best bet is to use the Ballad of Alchemy ritual. But it is possible to do it without... just VERY annoying :p
I'd forgotten about the ballad of alchemy ritual. Thank you for your time.

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Eatch some of dire wolfs videos

Sent from some stupid phone using tappatalk kappa

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody have any idea how to make the ME Interface export more than 1 lot of items at a time? No matter what I do it only inserts 1 lot of items into the chest and even if I change the recipe so it inserts 64 of each item it still only inserts 1 lot of items.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Never had that issue personally. Are multiple crafts going on? (e.g. converting sugar cane into sugar which gets used to make simple catalyst) If there are, then you may need to add a co-processing unit to your crafting CPU. That's about the only possibility I can think of anyway.

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
Never had that issue personally. Are multiple crafts going on? (e.g. converting sugar cane into sugar which gets used to make simple catalyst) If there are, then you may need to add a co-processing unit to your crafting CPU. That's about the only possibility I can think of anyway.
No other crafting is going on.

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
Figured it out, I had another ME Interface with the same recipe on top with a chest on it and that one was the priority for some reason.

EricBuist

Ballad of alchemy ritual is almost mandatory. Then you need to add interfaces exposing ingredients and interface or chest+import bus collecting output. Direwolf20 came up with an interesting solution to use the same chemistry set+ballad of alchemy for many substances, but that unfortunately fails on certain modpacks. I am trying Direwolf20's strategy in Agrarian Skies 2 with no luck, because level emitters only emit redstone signal in one direction while I need to signal to reach both a servo and a retriever. Tried with MFR cables, but that just fails, fails, fails, because it is impossible to reliably set colors on sides of the cable. It sometimes works, sometimes changes the connection type, maybe that once again requires the precision sledge hammer instead of the crescent hammer, but I just cannot deal with 5 types of wrenches because they don't interoperate. Seems I'll have to triple check next modpack I pick has omniwrench and Project Red, because these are must-have items to do anything complex with Redstones in a reasonable size.

1Z2O3R4O5A6R7K8

I can not tell how many times i have goggled "how to automate blood magick alchemic chemistry set" and ended up here. and had to give up. but i think i figured out a way to automate them, it has its limits but it works(stupid lava bucket). lets use the simple catalyst as an example:

To automate this with applied energistics i put a interface to an inventory a chest will do, but not nessesary remember input from every side except bottom, but if you do use the chest a pipe to the Alchemical chemistry set will work and from the alchemy set back to the interface with a pipe only from the bottom. the interface gets the pattern of how to craft it(1 Sugar 2 Redstone 1 Gunpowder 1 Glowstone dust = 1 simple catalyst). but before i start it i put 64 redstone into it (therefor this system wont work with recepies that does not need redstone). the amount of redstone the pattern request is what it consumes so after its done there will still be 64 redstone in the set altho it wont be in 1 stack anymore there will be 2 stacks. not to worry this does not affect the system.

Last edited:

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Another very helpful mechanic is the crafting card in a level emitter. That will let you activate a filtered extraction method based on which crafts are in progress

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

1Z2O3R4O5A6R7K8

Another very helpful mechanic is the crafting card in a level emitter. That will let you activate a filtered extraction method based on which crafts are in progress
a filtered extraction method? to take out what? the only thing i have been able to extract from the chemistry set is the finished product

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
a filtered extraction method? to take out what? the only thing i have been able to extract from the chemistry set is the finished product
They might be meaning one of two things: possibly extracting certain crafting ingredients from a buffer chest and into the alchemy setup on a redstone signal, or maybe they're referring to extracting items from the altar like slates?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012

For example enderIO where the there is a always extract on brown and a set of filtered insert triggered on redstone, one for each recipe and activated by the level emitter.

Insert is done on green with a proxy chest.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
For example enderIO where the there is a always extract on brown and a set of filtered insert triggered on redstone, one for each recipe and activated by the level emitter.

Insert is done on green with a proxy chest.
Ah I thought it might be something like that! I think I understand - very neat. If you had any images of such a setup with explanations, I think that would help; if not, don't worry! :)

P

pmfman

Does xnet integrate with ae2? If so i would inagine that would be the best way.