How Do I Sort My Mob Drops in Unleashed?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
I need an Equivalent to Transposers/Sorting Machine?
How am I suppose to sort my Tier5 Mob spawner's without the afore mentioned Machines? :(
I Am missing the Fabricator as well. I know ME probably better than the Fabricator but still learning it. It has a pattern learning machine dos it not!
Any help on sorting Mob drops would be appreciated.

Cheers

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
A simple sorting system like transposer+tubes dumping stuff into the closest barrel can be achieved by using the extra utilities pipes.

For more complex sorting needs, AE or logistics pipes are the tools to use, probably best to check for a mod spotlight to get the basics of those systems.

Pumping stuff in buildcraft pipes and sorting with diamond pipes may work as well, however that requires everything to be setup pretty linearly on way.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
A simple sorting system like transposer+tubes dumping stuff into the closest barrel can be achieved by using the extra utilities pipes.

For more complex sorting needs, AE or logistics pipes are the tools to use, probably best to check for a mod spotlight to get the basics of those systems.

Pumping stuff in buildcraft pipes and sorting with diamond pipes may work as well, however that requires everything to be setup pretty linearly on way.

Ok. Maybe I should elaborate. I have a room with two Tier5 spawners Zombies/Skellies water pushes to the 9 mellee turtles whom kill the mobs. Turtles spit everything out the back onto the ground. Is there something within Unleashed like the Transposer, that will pick all this stuff up off the ground? Or do I have to make chests for each turtle and hook up Logistics or ME and pump it out to separate it all? IE: I don't want all the half used Bows and Armour I just to want to scrap it or destroy it.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
Cheers.
Water works really well though. So I don't want to use conveyer belts atm.
Hmmm Routers. I have enough issues with my own without messing about with them in game ;) Another mod/machine I haven't played with yet!
I really am behind in the Mod department aren't I.

The Item Router from MFR is not the same as the Router you have issues with. They are used in the same way at BC Diamond Pipe but are way more cheaper to make.

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Use a ME Network to sort the items and hook Transition Planes near the turtles, they work just like the old transposers did.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of using the turtles to turtle.drop() everything it receives you could suck the items out of their inventory with a vanilla hopper or extra utilities transfer nodes or wooden pipes with autarchic gates. Vanilla hoppers is probably the easiest to set up and the cheapest too. They can also push into an MFR item router

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Water channel, vanilla hopper, chest, wooden pipe with engine/gate, diamond pipe (filter what you want to keep into storage), void pipe (or recycler, for scrap). I like to keep & repair the bows & armor myself, but I'd only run a system like that when I wanted something, not constantly. There are a couple mods that will let you convert crafted items back into their component materials. Dartcraft feels especially cheaty for the way you can use a force rod to turn armor back into ingots. I just love me some redstone update hoppers in my processing & storage systems. A simple way to feed machines out of chests without having to route overflow back around in a loop. If I didn't have an ME network set up, I'd be getting a lot of milage out of the insertion pipes, too.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Maybe I should elaborate. I have a room with two Tier5 spawners Zombies/Skellies water pushes to the 9 mellee turtles whom kill the mobs. Turtles spit everything out the back onto the ground. Is there something within Unleashed like the Transposer, that will pick all this stuff up off the ground? Or do I have to make chests for each turtle and hook up Logistics or ME and pump it out to separate it all? IE: I don't want all the half used Bows and Armour I just to want to scrap it or destroy it.

Your bolded part is the problem. RedPower is long gone, and with it the "spirit of not interoperating with any other mod because reasons!" mentality! Your turtles should be able to interact with every item sorting and moving mod in the pack. Spit into pipes, or into chests. I think you can even point export busses at Turtles!

If you insist on doing it this way, obsidian pipes or the aforementioned ME Transition Plane will solve the problem.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
If you use a mini AE network (along with transition planes) for it, you can use a fuzzy export bus to dump all the bows and armors into your destruction method of choice, then export everything else to your main network if you need it. The fuzzy export bus can treat all damaged the same (or different), so you could send the useless leather armors and bows out to be recycled, but send the damaged metal armor to be repaired, and the repaired items out specifically to be converted back into ingots. The railcraft blase furnace can recycle most metal armors as well as the smeltery from TiC.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno about turtles, i've had bugs with save states and many others, they seem to have an abundance of issues in 1.5 although for all I know it could just be MCPC+

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Obsidian Pipes + Redstone engine = Transposer.
Diamonds Pipes = Sorting Machine (minus all the different modes)

JesterSig

Jul 29, 2019
A vanilla hopper into a chest would be easy. You can then use logistics pipes to sort the items wherever you want. For logistics sorting I usually use the polymorphic item sink module.

Reactions: KirinDave