How do I search a mod in the latest version of NEI Easy

Is This possible now like it was in the past?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Ryokumara

Jul 29, 2019
I have the WAILIA Mod. Still cant search mod the way i want. sound i uninstall the WAILIA mod

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
In 1.6.4 you could leave out the @mod. and just type @modname, without WAILA. Hopefully at least that shortcut makes a comeback.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Only way currently is to @mod.ModName or easier click the NEI Subsets button, click mod, scroll till you find the mod and shift+click

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Note: saying something along the lines of "in modpack x it worked" isn't very helpful as the mod version tells us much more about the actual mod :p But yeah the implementation of that feature is currently limited to typing "@mod.(insert perfectly spelled mod id here)" or limiting the nei subsets to that mod (a bit of a pain). Chicken Bones also isn't near as vocal about what hes up to as he used to be...

Reactions: Padfoote

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
That dose work. but the point is thats Hard
Remembering @mod. is hard?

you-came-the-wrong-neighborhood.png

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Not so much "hard" for remembering, but typing a) "@Mod." and b) the full name of the mod ("Flaxbeard's Steam Power" anyone?) every time.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
click on the top grey bar and you can go into the menu, then find the mod and shift click the @mod.<modID> will be filled in automatically

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, but that's even more clumsy if you have as many mods as there are in most tech packs...

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, but that's even more clumsy if you have as many mods as there are in most tech packs...
He asked the easiest way, as of now unless you know the EXACT spelling of the mod THIS IS THE EASIEST WAY. Not the best way or the better way, it's literally hit E, click a button, click another button, scroll down and shift click the mod. Or @mod.Buildcraft Power Generator Mod Part Thing of Unknown Spelling.

Until ChickenBones fixes it, that is the easiest way in 1.7.X Which I will assume is what he is talking about.

Reactions: Padfoote

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
You don't need to type in the full name of the mod.
You do in the current 1.7 version of NEI. Bit painful on long mod names, especially if the internal name is different from the actual mod name.