How do I prevent getting stung by bees?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I can't approach my apiaries without taking damage from poisoning. Is there a suit to prevent this?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Wear the Apiarist's Suit.
Search Apiar.
Do note that this suit can only be obtained by using the products of the very bee that you are trying to stay away from.
Such Irony, no?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Try putting it in water.

Bees hate water.

You can always chuck a regen potion at yourself whenever you need to go visit your bees.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
When first working with these bees that sting. Keep a few buckets of milk handy.
Drinking the milk will cure the poison. Once you have enough mats you can make your Apiarist's Suit.

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019
If you're just starting out with bees, an insanely easy way to make apiarist clothing without having to deal with tropical bees is by uncrafting string into silk wisps, each string gives you three.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
By the time I had any interest in tropical bees (I still haven't found a use for silk wisps), I was using the gene machines to deal with any ill effects bees might have. Though I always took care to isolate 'em first. Never know when a swarm of unstable bees might be handy...

(Drop a fully armoured quantum suit player amongst a half a dozen of those and you'd about have an insta-kill on your hands...)

But as for the damage I took, I just shrugged it off. It's not like one has to spend a lot of time near their hives.