How do I make power with oil?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

commanderAIK

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I have a small question.

I have attempted many times. I have tanks full of oil, so what I did was pump it into a refinary. After that I tried using canning machines and other materials, but it just didn't work. So I came here to ask, how exactly do you make power using oil/fuel?

Thanks,
commanderAIK

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
If you're still sitting on a bunch of oil but no fuel, pump it into a refinery and then power the refinery. You'll also need to pump out the OP lemonade fuel into something that can store it.

Now, to use that fuel (or oil, oil works too but it's not as potent) you need to put it in a combustion engine. The combustion engines have a ton of output, but need to be cooled by water constantly or they'll explode.

commanderAIK

Jul 29, 2019
Okay thanks. However with the combustion engine, isn't there something like a diesel generetor that you could use? I was hoping there's a way to actually store the power and use it as a regular generator/batbox/etc.

If I sound illogical, please forgive me. I am fairly a beginner with FTB. I may be incorrect with the combustion engines, because I had the inclination that they do the same as redstone engines, just faster

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
They do the exact same thing as a redstone engine.

As for diesel generators, I'm not one to use gregtech/forestry (I forgot which mod adds diesel generators) but those would work if they use up oil/fuel to make EU/MJ

If you need something to store MJ (the stuff that buildcraft engines make), your only option is a redstone energy cell. It stores 100,000 MJ and it has adjustable inputs and outputs, but it's kinda expensive.

Squed

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use fuel to power a boiler, however they can take a lot of fuel to start up

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on the mod-pack you're using, converting to fuel and running railcraft boilers with either power converters or ind steam engines is the best depending on what you want to power ofc.

If powering a matter fab go the steam power converters way straight into EU.

SirRunningclams

Jul 29, 2019
I personally use my fuel, acquired from my bees, in a HP liquid steam boiler. It makes hundreds of thousands of MJ and a good rate.