How do I get started with Magic World 2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
I've been waiting for a FTB modpack on the launcher that isn't a tech theme modpack. So how do I get started with Magic World 2 from the modpack description it looks like I'm going to need some help.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it depends on the mods you choose to use. I'm pretty deep into the mods, and I understand quite a few of them. Like any other pack, you'll probably want to get a base set up, and mine for a good while.

General things you'll want:
You will need a lot of books and paper for these mods, so get yourself a nice sugar farm going, as well as a chicken farm, cow farm, and ink farm. Or you can just live by a Rainbow Forest, as they have trees that drop dyes, and have most animals inside of them.

Ars Magica 2
For ars you'll want to get the Arcane Compendium. To do this you'll need an Item Frame, and a book. Go find a pool of Liquid Essence (light blue, typically in a 2x2). I find them everywhere in desert biomes. Place a block next to the pool, place the item frame on the block, and place the book on the item frame. This book will tell you everything you need to know about Ars Magica 2.

Arcane Scrolls
For AS you'll want to mine for a while, gathering as many Arcane Stones as you can. Make yourself an Arcane Pouch and an Arcane Tome. You'll want to make yourself a few Quills, and the same amount of Unwritten Scrolls. Gather as much XP as you possibly can, this mod is EXTREMELY demanding on the xp. Basically for this, there is no set tree of items to get, you just want to make whatever scrolls seem interesting to you. (Note: I've nearly completed all Arcane Scrolls pages on the wiki, explaining what everything does and how to use it, so I'd go look at that if I were you).

Witchery
Make all the books! Witchery has a few guide books that explain everything to you. On top of that, you'll want to make a Witches Oven, an Altar (2x3), and a Distillery. Make some Mutandis, and by some, I mean like a stack, because it takes a lot to get the saplings you need (Rowan, Alder, and Hawthorn). What I've been doing with these is making sure I have at least one of each sapling at all times, in case I need to get some Whiffs of Magic or some other items that require them. On top of that, they look awesome. Again, just read the books, and the Getting Started Guide.

Magical Crops
For Magic Crops, decide on a material you want to farm, and get a few of those. Go mine a ton of Weak Magic Essences, and make the seeds. You don't need to make any more than one set, because after a while, you'll be swimming in seeds. For instance, I made one set of coal seeds, now I have 2 and a half stack, and way more Coal Essence than I know what to do with.

ThaumCraft 3
I don't know very much about this, other than making a wand, a Thaumonomicon, a Thaumometer, and a research table. Read the Thaumonomicon, research stuffs. Bookshelves increase research points.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
* thaumcraft 4
Set up a sugar cane farm, and gather some magic shards(ordo,perdito,ignis,aqua,terra, and aer.) then make an iron wand via iron wand caps and sticks, a thaumometer with gold, glas, and the 6 different shards, and finally and thaumonomicon by right clicking a bookshelf with an iron wand. Read the thaumonomicon and make a research table.

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
There's also Blood Magic, start out with a sacrificial knife and a blood altar.

EDIT: and keep an eye out for mimichite, it's the only "ore doubler" I've found. You probably won't get a lot of it, so use it for important stuff.

Last edited:

dtech100

Jul 29, 2019
About Magical Crops remember that in 3.1.5 the way of getting magic essence was changed - you need basic dust for weak magic essence - not only 4 but 9. But it only needs more mining. But for diamond or emerald seeds you need 22k magic dust so you will start farming seeds and get lucky for getting dusts or mine.

I thought that doubling ore is from furnace from T4 + exp.

Forabor

Jul 29, 2019
As far as ore doubling goes, if u get into ars magica 2 a little bit (doesnt have to be too far i dont think) u can make a calefactor which has ore doubling. --- The arcane compendium says a slight chance to double the ores but it is wrong. It is 100% chance to double with a low (5%?) chance to triple

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
As far as ore doubling goes, if u get into ars magica 2 a little bit (doesnt have to be too far i dont think) u can make a calefactor which has ore doubling. --- The arcane compendium says a slight chance to double the ores but it is wrong. It is 100% chance to double with a low (5%?) chance to triple
That also requires a nexus.
A light nexus
Which, due to nether quartz only droping one per ore, will take quite a bit, but shouldnt take TOO long(except for me because I suck at finding nether quartz)

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
That also requires a nexus.
A light nexus
Which, due to nether quartz only droping one per ore, will take quite a bit, but shouldnt take TOO long(except for me because I suck at finding nether quartz)
Strip mine the nether. I find more quartz inside the walls than I do on the surfaces. Fortune works on nether quartz as well, so I usually go in with a bunch of cobble for mining picks, and one Fortune 3 pick for quartz.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
TiCon smelt dry doubles ores too, plus it's auto stable with the use of hoppers.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I thought this was Magic Farm 2, oops... I'll uh, just go out that back door now... bye.