How Do i Enable Biomes O Plenty

aidybee

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
I'm trying to enable the mod,
Biomes O plenty,
How exactly do i do that?
I’ve looked for help topics on it but i cant find any.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely aidybee[DOUBLEPOST=1374713003][/DOUBLEPOST]Im using Unleashed pack

DrRedstoneCreep

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Launcher> FTB Unleashed> Edit mod pack. Click Biomes O' Plenty and then click add. Now launch FTB Unleashed. When creating a world change the world type from default to Biomes O' Plenty.

Hope this helped!:)

Reactions: aidybee

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
In the server.properties file, you have to change the level-type setting to BIOMESOP.

Kyler Gentry

Jul 29, 2019
It still doesn't seem to generate new biomes. When I changed a single player world type to BOP, I spawned in the new biomes. I don't get them in the server even after changing the level-type to BIOMESOP and creating a new world.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
It still doesn't seem to generate new biomes. When I changed a single player world type to BOP, I spawned in the new biomes. I don't get them in the server even after changing the level-type to BIOMESOP and creating a new world.

Before loading the server up, have you removed the .disabled off the end of the BiomesOPlenty-0.5.7.zip file in the server's /mods/ folder?

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
In the biomesoplenty.cfg config file, change "Add Biomes to Default World" to true.

Kyler Gentry

Jul 29, 2019
I still can't figure out how to enable the mod. I checked the cfg file and the "Add Biomes to Default World" was already on true. The file type still says DISABLED File. I think maybe that is the issue? If so, how do I enable it? If that isn't the issue, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I still can't figure out how to enable the mod. I checked the cfg file and the "Add Biomes to Default World" was already on true. The file type still says DISABLED File. I think maybe that is the issue? If so, how do I enable it? If that isn't the issue, does anyone have any other suggestions?

You need to remove the DISABLED suffix on that file. How to do this will depend on how your operating system (I assume Windows) is set up (somebody else will need to provide instructions on that).

Kyler Gentry

Jul 29, 2019
For now I simply erased the disabled file and replace it with the enabled one from the single player mods. I appreciate all the assistance. If anyone has a better solution, I'd still like to know. I'm on windows by the way

shmoota

Jul 29, 2019
I realize this is an old post but I had this issue as well and wanted to provide the solution that I found. I believe it's much easier. If you are unable to see the ".disabled" suffix and you're on Windows 7 (Sure it's just about the same on other versions as well) follow these steps:

Open your control panel
Open "Folder Options"
Click the "view" tab
Search for "Hide extensions for known file types"
Make sure you have the box unchecked.

Now you should see the suffix so all you have to do is rename the file and remove ".disabled." I hope this helps anyone with this issue.

systemv

Jul 29, 2019
If the world's regions are already created under NORMAL type then subsequent regions will not regenerate in BIOMESOP type. I don't know if there's a way for the server to be aware of two simultaneous types. One NORMAL, one BIOMESOP.

It seems by experimenting that once the world is generated it's fixed to the type that was in server.properties regardless if you ADD the mod later.

Save off the world directory, Reset the server.properties world type, then ensure the mod is installed. Fire the server up and validate the biomes are within BOP variety.