How do I create an FTB resource pack?

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I couldn't really find anywhere else suitable to post this.

I'm having trouble creating an FTB resource pack, I just don't know how, I was thinking maybe make an FTB texture pack, then convert it into a resource pack using Mojang's Texture Ender application, but won't that mess up the mod stuff?
I pretty much know how to go about making a FTB texture pack, but I'm having trouble with the resource pack creation.
Any help welcome, reply when you can.
Thanks.

Kitsyfluff

Jul 29, 2019
Download a different resource pack and get to modifying, otherwise you'll never get the structure right. I suggest downloading FyD and patch it, or Jaded's Mixpack and going from there

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
That's was I was going to do, but if I distribute it and forget about textures from that author, It would be stealing?
But I'm really grateful you replied, thanks. :D

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Also, can't I just edit the default resource pack, like make a copy of what the default pack has because that has all the mods in it?

thaile4ever

Jul 29, 2019
There is no "default" resurce pack. What happens is if it doesn't find a texture for a given block, it looks for the assets / modname/texture folder in the mod zip file. You'll find all the mod default texture in the texture folder of their zip if it has any.

Really to make a resource pack just copy all those into one zip and edit as needed.

Reactions: RealSketch