How do I add my own modpack to the launcher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenrik

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to add a modpack to the FTB launcher, but how do I do that?
Please note that I don't wan't to release a public modpack. I only wan't to add on my own computer.

And to Slowpoke: You didn't answer my question in my previous post.

aanthony3

Jul 29, 2019
You should make a post here and if it's approved it will be added by the FTB team. There's no way for you to add one on your own.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
You should make a post here and if it's approved it will be added by the FTB team. There's no way for you to add one on your own.
as he said it wont be public, so it doesnt have perms from the modmakers. i think he just wants to run it through the launcher. multiMC would be the best way for that.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah multiMC is the best way as of right now, though I would very much like it if the FTB launcher had the ability to do add a custom mod pack to the launcher (would be a private pack obviously).

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
The launcher is not yet finished and would have more features in the future. What exactly is the point to launch your own set of mods with this launcher?

darR3Ke

Jul 29, 2019
The launcher is not yet finished and would have more features in the future. What exactly is the point to launch your own set of mods with this launcher?

Well it would make adding mods for private users easier... for example i am running a private server with a few of my friends who have absolute no clue how to mod the game... we are playing FTB with the pre release of EE3 added. Allready cant live without the minium stone :p

Atm when i update the server i need to make a zip file with the extra mods they have to extract into the mod dir to add, backtools, invtweak, EE3. It would make my life easier if there was an option in the launcher so it would do that for me. But i have no idea how that could be made possible unless we can add a config file with a special download path and the launcher downloads and installs that zip.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Well it would make adding mods for private users easier... for example i am running a private server with a few of my friends who have absolute no clue how to mod the game... we are playing FTB with the pre release of EE3 added. Allready cant live without the minium stone :p

Atm when i update the server i need to make a zip file with the extra mods they have to extract into the mod dir to add, backtools, invtweak, EE3. It would make my life easier if there was an option in the launcher so it would do that for me. But i have no idea how that could be made possible unless we can add a config file with a special download path and the launcher downloads and installs that zip.

That would be distributing mods without permission, that won't ever happen in that case.

ErusPrime

Jul 29, 2019
That would be distributing mods without permission, that won't ever happen in that case.
I'm pretty sure no mod developer cares if you make a modpack to play with a few friends. It's when you make a website and tell everyone to play your modpack that it becomes an issue.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure no mod developer cares if you make a modpack to play with a few friends. It's when you make a website and tell everyone to play your modpack that it becomes an issue.

Just ask my friends, they are like "Nobody cares".

DreamSpawn

Jul 29, 2019
the FTB launcher actually have the ability to modify mod-packs for local use. So you already have the option to run custom mod packs through the launcher.

using the "Edit Modpack" button you can disable, enable and even add mods to an existing mod pack.

ErusPrime

Jul 29, 2019
the FTB launcher actually have the ability to modify mod-packs for local use. So you already have the option to run custom mod packs through the launcher.

using the "Edit Modpack" button you can disable, enable and even add mods to an existing mod pack.

photo.jpg

DanNetwalker

Jul 29, 2019

Sure, but let me tell about my personal server. I have a youtube channel that I record on our own server, and I've just updated from our custom 1.4.5 modpack to a 1.4.6 mindcrack one. Now, we want to use several extra mods. Some small ones, like campfires or the elegant punt (great sailboat mod, btw), other not so small like buildcraft advanced power systems, cogs of the machine of minechem.

Now, my only option with the "edit modpack" is to tell them to have two different download folders, one for standar mindcrack servers, other for our customized mindcrack server, and tell them to remember to switch to the customized one when they want to play in our server, which is less than optimal.

A great way to fix this, and a good feature, would be a "create customized version" button, to clone an official modpack with a different name. Then I could customize this modpack and send the newly renamed and modified clone to my players with our dropbox folder system, or something like that. What do you think?

LuKain

Jul 29, 2019
i agree it is a hassle and i think you have a great idea if you have the time i would suggest that you suggest this idea to pahimar or direwolf to infor the rest of the modders so they know of your idea! :)

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
i agree it is a hassle and i think you have a great idea if you have the time i would suggest that you suggest this idea to pahimar or direwolf to infor the rest of the modders so they know of your idea! :)

1) Those folks have no direct say in how the launcher functions.
2) This is a really, really old thread. Locking to prevent further necromancy.

Reactions: whizzball1
Status
Not open for further replies.