How can I get Certus Quartz alot easier?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

InfiniLife

Jul 29, 2019
So I recently started with my me system on the Unleashed pack and I've made the basic storage part with some 4k drives they work fine right now but I would like to have some more my only problem is I keep constantly running out of Certus Quartz. I've tried setting up a quarry but no luck. I've ran 4 mining turtles at least 500 blocks each NO LUCK. any suggestions? Thanks for any replies!

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I think the MFR laser drill should be able to generate some for you.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Does your Mystcraft version have already Certus Quartz as block option? If so then you can make tendrils or obelisks from quartz.

InfiniLife

Jul 29, 2019
I would do mystcraft but I'm a noob at the new mystcraft. I guess I'll try the MFR Laser. Hope this works!

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
I have quantum bees with the blinding speed from AM2 producing the certus quartz dust which I then compress with the industrialcraft compressor into the certus quartz. This is the fastest way I have found besides just spawning the quartz in.
For normal certus quartz needs, magical crops will probably be good enough lmao.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

InfiniLife

Jul 29, 2019
I think the MFR laser drill should be able to generate some for you.
Well it seems like this requires emeralds which i have none of because im in a biomes o plenty world is there any other way to get emeralds other then an extreme hills biome?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Well it seems like this requires emeralds which i have none of because im in a biomes o plenty world is there any other way to get emeralds other then an extreme hills biome?

Some of the BoP biomes should spawn emeralds. Also, trading with villagers should net you some emeralds.

Reactions: RedBoss

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I have quantum bees with the blinding speed from AM2 producing the certus quartz dust which I then compress with the industrialcraft compressor into the certus quartz. This is the fastest way I have found besides just spawning the quartz in.
For normal certus quartz needs, magical crops will probably be good enough lmao.

This.

Quantum bees are literally the best thing ever*. Well, once you breed/inoculate out the horrible teleport trait from them.

Seriously, they dropped me into a smeltery full of molten cobalt once. Bastids.

*for a given value of ever. Other best things ever are available by request. Your statutory rights are not affected.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
This.

Quantum bees are literally the best thing ever*. Well, once you breed/inoculate out the horrible teleport trait from them.

Seriously, they dropped me into a smeltery full of molten cobalt once. Bastids.

*for a given value of ever. Other best things ever are available by request. Your statutory rights are not affected.
I have my bee breeding area in a void islands mystcraft world and without realizing it I went AFK while I thought I was safe letting my quantum bees breed up in a industrial apiary and I came back a little bit later to find myself launched off the island I was on, dead for who knows how long. I thought that was as good a time as ever to get the apiarist's suit upgrades for my power suit lol.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Add Dartcraft to your pack, progress a bit with its infuser, then create a freezing core and slot it into a Force furnace. Now freeze Nether Quartz, and there you go, tons of Certus Quartz.
well you did say you wanted it easier

InfiniLife

Jul 29, 2019
Add Dartcraft to your pack, progress a bit with its infuser, then create a freezing core and slot it into a Force furnace. Now freeze Nether Quartz, and there you go, tons of Certus Quartz.
well you did say you wanted it easier
What level doees the Upgrade tome have to be to get freezing? I'm currently a level 4 tome I believe

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
It's probably 4, just check the little "?" button on the top right. If not, then it's tier 5.

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
It goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that the "best" way of doing something depends on a lot of factors.

The "best" in terms of *easiest* is probably to just go mining or spelunking the old-fashioned way.

In terms of early-ish game automation, turtles and quarries can net you quite a bit of quartz, although that requires you to also wade though stacks and stacks of other stuff, and you may not end up with as much as you need, as quickly as you'd like.

Bees are a good bet, assuming you've got your bee breeding facilities up and running, have been to the end in order to start breeding, and have the multi-block bee thing to ramp up your income. Bees are usually mid-late game for me, so this isn't usually my first go-to, nor are quantum bees the first I breed.

The laser drill with the appropriate focus requires a bit of up-front investment - for me, the pink slime is always a pain. Assuming you can build it, though, the big thing is that you need a pretty stable power infrastructure to power up you laser to mine stuff at the speed you want. Capping it out with two prechargers requires 4 ultimate hybrid solars, or some equivalent amount of crazy power.

Depending on what you've got set up, any one of these could be your "best" option. Personally, I start with lots of manual and quarry mining, and try to get to laser drills ASAP, and bees are usually my last stop for whatever resource I need more of, particularly quartz.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
So I recently started with my me system on the Unleashed pack and I've made the basic storage part with some 4k drives they work fine right now but I would like to have some more my only problem is I keep constantly running out of Certus Quartz. I've tried setting up a quarry but no luck. I've ran 4 mining turtles at least 500 blocks each NO LUCK. any suggestions? Thanks for any replies!

Keep in mind quartz is kinda higher up in the Y levels. I wouldnt look below level 20ish (not sure of exact depth). I normally see it some in sheild biomes right on the surface with all the exposed stone.

InfiniLife

Jul 29, 2019
Keep in mind quartz is kinda higher up in the Y levels. I wouldnt look below level 20ish (not sure of exact depth). I normally see it some in sheild biomes right on the surface with all the exposed stone.
Yes I realized earlier today because my base is realativley close to a shield biome I found a big ravine.. And all the quartz I could ever ask for!

Reactions: kaovalin