How big is your Applied Energistics Network?

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Hi there! ~Thomaz here.

I'm a huge fan of the Applied Energistics mod - it's probably my favorite one of all time, to be honest.

As far as automation goes, AE was revolucionary with it's absolutely amazing auto-crafting system - our so beloved Molecular Assembler Chambers, or MACs for short.

Another neat thing in AE is, it's network is, theoretically, infinitely expendable! If you have enough power to supply it, that is. This feature makes us, hardcore players, nuts - some of our AE Networks end up huge!

So, my question of the day for you is... How big is your current and or biggest AE Network?

I'd love to see what some of you guys are capable of doing with this amazing mod! So please, be sure to leave your feedback. :p

See ya' guys around!

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Messing around in a test world to get stuff for the wiki, I shoved an entire ME system into a spatial storage cell. Can't remember the exact size of the MAC and the number of drives (and I corrupted the world :p), but it was fun shoving everything into a 16 cubed area, including a Quantum Network Bridge. Oh, and:
V3zO3c9.png

Reactions: JaRyCu

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
[noob] Urban Dictionary didn't help very much, please explain? [/noob]

If you've ever played Starcraft, it'll make sense. Basically, in order to raise your supply cap for units (when playing Protoss), you need to create pylons. And when you hit that cap, the game tells you to (I think this is correct, been a while since I played with sound) "Construct additional pylons". So I just toss that picture out whenever spatial storage comes up since you need a lot of pylons for it. :p

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
If you've ever played Starcraft, it'll make sense. Basically, in order to raise your supply cap for units (when playing Protoss), you need to create pylons. And when you hit that cap, the game tells you to (I think this is correct, been a while since I played with sound) "Construct additional pylons". So I just toss that picture out whenever spatial storage comes up since you need a lot of pylons for it. :p

I never really played Starcraft. :p But that explains it.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
If Tesseracts were included, my ME system isn't that big. Kinda don't like seeing ME cables running throughout the base.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
My biggest so far has been in my 1.4.7 world, where it was nearly a thousand blocks in size, if you count cables. I had a fairly large, spread out base, including a wizard's tower, some distance away. This was of course back before the Quantum Link Chamber, so I had to run cable the entire distance. And then plug a wireless redstone transmitter to a pressure plate connecting a dark cable so I could get items. On top of that, I had a 9x9x9 MAC, and I was using BC autocrafting tables to combine tiny piles of dust into normal piles of dust.

Reactions: ThomazM

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I've had one who gotten to about 100 interface on my AgS world, with a 7 cube MAC. I had a tons of export bus to keep everything i want crafted. Their was about 20 me drives, no dsu (anymore!)

Oh and i probably had over 500 cables running everywhere in my island, from my 128 high laser drill, down to my production room at around 40, from one side to the other of the island.

But then i got bored :3

Now i am playing monster and my quantum bridge seems to be killing my network every time i log (got em chunk loaded --') it has 22 drive (getting filled up atm) only of 64k+ storage or fluid with another 7 cube mac and about 20 interfaces only for on command crafting (and growing). I am looking to add another 10-20 interface with export bus to keep some item stocked at all time.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I have 14 AE "networks" currently.

Some are as small as 1 controller, a couple pieces of cable, and some busses attached to ender chests (my routing network. gets items from supply network to everywhere it needs to be). Most have a single drive, and no more than two 4k storage cells. I use DSU's for bulk items in my storage network to cut down on disks, I think I have 4 drives with two of them full of 16k disks. I've also got a network used strictly for crafting, with a 5x5x5 MAC sieged by an army of machines.

With it split up this way the server isn't getting completely hammered by a single massive network just because I want to smelt a piece of copper.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well still in the middle of building my current ME network in my Monster world. Expect this to be really big eventually, but for now can show what I had in my Unleashed world:
OXiqrxU.png

MAC isn't huge, but was pretty much filled with recipes. Expanded it as needed it due to space restrictions.
Rest of the base:
http://imgur.com/a/dSMKv

M

Masterkore

I know this thread is old, but I managed to shove an entire volcano (Basalt structure) into spacial storage