House Design Help!

George Duggan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi i keep building 9x9 and im getting quite bored of them could someone please help me this problem

i dont want a square base

The criteria i am looking for are:

1- all TE machines, basic ic2 machines, thaumcraft, ars magicia, Tinkers, AE , Mob farms and some kind of storage for Liquids

2. I dont want a square

if you could just stick seed or your world so i could have a look around

Thanks,

George

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
You should try living underground. I find I have a lot more fun building rooms when I dont have to worry about what the outside looks like and its much easier to expand without leaving an eyesore. Mods like ars magica and thaumcraft need a pretty big room all to themselves. Ill quote a post I made a few days ago showing off my base if you need inspiration. (not that its the greatest thing ever)

Ok, heres my latest world. Its still very much a WIP, the cobblestone and brick stuff is just placeholders for the most part. Thank god for the wand of equal trade.

Heres an overview of most of my plot of land. You can see my little magical golem farm and the steves cart taking food to the animals.

Ive been meaning to change this up so all three refineries are running all the time instead of just one.

machines and stuff.

The basement. Bottom row is for the quarry plus over a twilight forest hollow hill, top row is from my mob farms. Some liquid xp and mob essence in the back there.

A gaseous tenebrae-darkened room with an MFR grinder and few spawners I picked up from the twilight forest with the Jabba dolly. The other room is a pit where I MFR-autospawn enderman and stuff, kill them with my fortune 3 tinker's construct cleaver.

The magical island. Please excuse the over abundance of silverwoods. Am currently trying to change most of it into magical forest. The tower is basically just a doorway into the underground area...

main room

Essentia sorting

Infusion altar. Never had even one instance of instability.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
You should try living underground. I find I have a lot more fun building rooms when I dont have to worry about what the outside looks like and its much easier to expand without leaving an eyesore. Mods like ars magica and thaumcraft need a pretty big room all to themselves. Ill quote a post I made a few days ago showing off my base if you need inspiration. (not that its the greatest thing ever)

This only really works when either the person isn't willing to put any effort into building or lack the skills to do so. I don't think this is appropriate for the OP.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
This only really works when either the person isn't willing to put any effort into building or lack the skills to do so. I don't think this is appropriate for the OP.

Is that so? Well I suppose I didnt put as much effort into building my base as it I thought. I just think carving out rooms underground is a more fun less work alternative to trying to cram all of those pipes and wires into a building while keeping the exterior intact. Underground you dont have to worry about it so much and can just expand when you need to.

Reactions: Mevansuto

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
I generally have 2 different ways of living:
1) I dig myself into a mountain of some kind and make the base half open half hidden in there.
2) I just live in the open and build random stuff everywhere.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I usually go a for a T shap build with 2-3 buildings blocks + clear glass colored or not. I go for one layer of a block( usually a smooth texture) with 3x7 glass windows with the 2nd block in between the windows (a more brick or pillar looking) and capped off by any, whatever floats your boat.

For the outside deco, remove corner block and put fences. I also usually put halfslab or smaller all around the house to give it some design.

For the top, slab and stairs are your friend. Don't stop them where the walls stop, go one of two blocks larger.

For the floor, chessboard are the easiest nice looking one.

I'd get you a pic but don't have one right now and no access to a computer for a while...

George Duggan

Jul 29, 2019
I usually go a for a T shap build with 2-3 buildings blocks + clear glass colored or not. I go for one layer of a block( usually a smooth texture) with 3x7 glass windows with the 2nd block in between the windows (a more brick or pillar looking) and capped off by any, whatever floats your boat.

For the outside deco, remove corner block and put fences. I also usually put halfslab or smaller all around the house to give it some design.

For the top, slab and stairs are your friend. Don't stop them where the walls stop, go one of two blocks larger.

For the floor, chessboard are the easiest nice looking one.

I'd get you a pic but don't have one right now and no access to a computer for a while...

Do you have any sceenshots i could look at?? :)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, an L shaped building made of three 11x11 rooms, 5 or 7 blocks tall with 5 wide doorways inside is a great design, and looks great in red brick. I tried something totally different this time though. I dont know why people insist on 9x9, its too cramped.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, an L shaped building made of three 11x11 rooms, 5 or 7 blocks tall with 5 wide doorways inside is a great design, and looks great in red brick. I tried something totally different this time though. I dont know why people insist on 9x9, its too cramped.

Two reason
1 because dire
2 (not very known) no need of torch on the floor

Reactions: George Duggan