Horizons download issue

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Just a really weird issue. Normally, when i install a mod pack i get one neat folder with all of the modpack's data. I downloaded Horizons, but it gave me 5 folders this time: Horizons, versions, libraries, assets, config. I'm pretty sure this isn't the way it's supposed to be.

I'm also having in-game issues, but i would like to make sure that this isn't contributing to the issues i'm having before making a post on it.

Thanks in advance.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see anything in the thread about getting multiple files. I'm I going to be getting 5 files instead of 1 from now on?

Editing just as a continuation of thought before i head to bed for the night.

I currently have all my modpacks, currently 4 packs including Horizons, downloaded onto my desktop. Assuming that I am going to be getting 5 folders per pack now, then it will be causing some pretty hefty problems. First, I've already tried at one point to clean up my desktop a bit by putting all of my modpack folders in a single folder, and the launcher can't find the packs if i do that. This leads to the main and most obvious issue, If i can't somehow compress the 5 files to one file, then the different packs aren't going to know which config, libraries, assets, or versions folders to use. I'm willing to admit that i'm far better with hardware than software, but i do know that if it works this way, then it will be quite temperamental and volatile.

Last edited: