Help With Repair Enchantment plz!?

Garies

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

Im still kinda new to FTB and got an "Axe of the stream" and whant the repair enchantment on it, how much xp should I invest that would be a greater chance of getting repair?
Im enchanting books so that I dont "waste" the axe...

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Books of repair are indeed very hard to get (and can be sold to other players for a lot) because there are so many possible enchants. It will take a long, long time and seems to require a high level. However, the list of enchants that can naturally go on that axe is very small. Maybe I have been lucky but I would say your odds are about 50/50 of getting at least one rank of repair at level 30 if you just roll the dice.

The axe is also more of a fun aesthetic item than a necessity. There are a lot of ways to get wood.

Garies

Jul 29, 2019
Thanx for the reply William,

Well I enchanted a stack off books, got a lot off the same enchantments, but there are the odd ones I only got one off, disjunction, vorpal, soul stealer etc. but I want repair on my axe cause for me it is a necessity, i use it to cut down redwood trees, to get their saplings, use it in my biomass production - if there is an easier way, please tell me!! (I made 2 tree farms, doesn't yield enough saplings..) And the axe works so well cause you can stand at the bottom off the tree and cut down the whole tree from one spot, just works so well.. So I want the repair so I can keep on using it.

MysteriousAges

Jul 29, 2019
From my experience, you need level 13 or 14 to get the Repair I enchant on thaumium. I think the Axe of the STream & other higher tier Thaumium tools are slightly more enchantable, though I'm not entirely sure.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
i had repair a few times at 30 only way to to 100% get repair is to enchant books @ level 30 might take a while

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
It took me quite a while with my xp farm. Had to go loot a few lich towers for books, too.

I think I about filled a double chest with "good" enchants (while voiding the useless ones), but I eventually managed to get repair on my T2 Thaumcraft stuff, and a few armor pieces.

On the upside, as I had a T5 Pigman spawner as part of the setup, it got me enough gold to make a linkbook modifier with the proceeds!

Garies

Jul 29, 2019
Thats pretty decent!! I also filled a double chest with books, but no repair yet... currently i get xp too slowly..
I made a mob system from a wisp dungeon, it has a Skeleton and a Zompie spawner in, so im using those, and am currently busy building a normal vanilla system around it so it yields more mobs, so hopefully ill get a lot of xp so i can also get my repair!!
Thanx for the responses, Ill just keep on hammering on, will let you guys know what the result is...

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
You'd be better served Making a T5 spawner or two. If you've got a soul stealer sword, it's not too difficult.

My advice would be to persue the Lich towers in the twilight forest for spawners, to kick it up. Also, with a little dedication, pigmen are easy to hunt (but you do need to bear in mind that they will be aggro's for a long time afterward), and their spawners are quite lucrative with the by-products.

Garies

Jul 29, 2019
to be honest, i have no idea how to make a T5 spawner... Using DW20 pack, does it support it?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
It does. In NEI find the items Soul Forge(TheFurnace), Vile Dust(The fuel), and Soul Shard(The product). A soul shard is made by "Burning" a diamond in a soul forge with 8 vile dusts. This yields 3 Soul Shards. If a shard is on your hotbar when you kill a mob it will make that soul shard specific to that mob and each kill of that mob will yield another soul to be stored on the shard. Each tier is as follows: 64|128|256|512|1024 kills of each mob. At tier 5, or 1024 kills, up to 4 mobs spawn every 2 seconds, regardless of light and player presence. This level can also be turned on/off by a redstone signal. Do not fear the number 1024. You can make a vile sword which can receive the soul stealer enchantment which adds 1 soul per level, per kill.

Reactions: Dravarden

Garies

Jul 29, 2019
Thanx, Hoff, will definitely try that one out! Thanx for the detail, appreciate it loads!
Any suggestion on the repair enchantment from your side?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I use enchantment plus set to allow all enchantments on any item so yeah...

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Enchanting the item itself will get you the enchants you want much much faster than enchanting books. The downside is you will likely fail the first few times and have to make a new tool. But I got repair on my third pick, first axe, and second shovel that I enchanted directly.

Garies

Jul 29, 2019
I'm willing to try that, except I dont know how to craft a axe of the stream... But thanx for the suggestion, I'll try googling it a bit later, still busy with the souls shards as Hoff suggested for xp, so I can get more faster.

zylos

Jul 29, 2019
We set up a blaze spawner that had turtles with swords. After enchanting almost 250 books I had two or three repair enchants. I put them on my explorer boots that had max enchants. With the spawner and a brain in a jar you get 30 levels in a few seconds. That still takes a lot of work due to needing to get the 1000 kill count on the soul shard. I don't know what mod pack your running but as you can see the numbers are low. When you have one it works really well. My boots never got below green and were full almost the entire time.

Garies

Jul 29, 2019
250?? wow
I got 4x T5 soul shards, made zombie pigmen spawners. I get loads of XP and gold from it, but I've enchanted almost 2 doublechest full of chests and no repair yet...

zylos

Jul 29, 2019
Brain in a jar really helps speed up the process. You can leave the spawner run while your enchanting and come back grab levels and run. Brain is max 30 levels however. It took me about an hour to make the 250.

zylos

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know I don't think repair works on tools and weapons. I think repair is only for armor. I would check wiki for enchanting to make sure before you get too far into it. I think weapons and tools are unbreaking.

MouseyPounds

Jul 29, 2019
Repair works fine on tools and weapons if they are Thaumcraft items. You can also get both unbreaking & repair on them if you place the repair enchantment first, although some might consider that an exploit.