Help me find this block ? (what mod, does it exist?)

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
I have been unable to find what I am looking for with wikis and google and minecraft forums. I could have sworn this was already in a mod but maybe it was really old or I am crazy.

Its a mesh/grate like block that items fall through but mobs don't. Tons of people suggested it for vanilla, but I really thought I saw it or had it in a mod in a modpack a few months back, maybe last year...

If no one knows of such an existence, can you make some other mod/block suggestions that may help. I want to have a small chicken coop where the eggs fall through this "screen" and get transported away without having to place a ton of hoppers/etc as the floor blocks. There's also a ton of other uses for this screen, especially with mob traps. As always thanks in advance !

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
The item grate from TC4? Pretty sure that this is exactly what it does, though most people only use it with the infernal furnace. Recipe is a vanilla one of iron bars with a trapdoor if I remember correctly - no research required.

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
If you want items to fall through, but nothing else, use hoppers

If you want that basically everything falls through it, exept players: ethreal platform from Thaumcraft

Sent from my mobile using tapatalk.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
If you want items to fall through, but nothing else, use hoppers

If you want that basically everything falls through it, exept players: ethreal platform from Thaumcraft

Sent from my mobile using tapatalk.
Hoppers would not work, IIRC chicken farms were bugged with them.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
You can use transition plane if you want to suck the item up directly

But the item you are talking about is def item grate from thaumcraft

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, thanks for all the replies guys. I actually forgot about obsidian pipes and I'm pretty sure the Item Grate is what I was thinking of. Hoppers isn't the best solution even if it does work, and is also expensive in comparison as iron is kind of rare in my world. Thanks guys !