Help connecting to server

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnedSlayer

Jul 29, 2019
HI, im new to minecraft pc(had xbox version for like a yr) and downlaoded ftb last week and was just playing singleplayer but i decided to try a to join a server, so i found this server : http://servers.minecraftforum.net/servers/6708935-welcome-to-skywaker-1-3-1 , but i cant connect to it , i just keep getting this error : "connection lost
failed to login: java.net.socketexception: address family not supported by protocol family: connect"
and it just comes up with a return to title button.

Thanks for any help
TurnedSlayer

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Please follow this guide exactly to install the launcher the recommended way. After that if you are still experiencing these same errors check out the 'Other USEFUL information:' part at the bottom it might be your Anti-Virus program or your Firewall messing with your internet connection. If that does not help or it is another error please post a new console log in debug mode to pastebin.com

TurnedSlayer

Jul 29, 2019
I have re instslled java and the ftb launcher and now it wont even launch any of the mods or anything (vanilla minecraft still works)

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I forgot to link the guide or it did not link for some reason. Please follow it. Do not forget to link the new log once done.

TurnedSlayer

Jul 29, 2019
I was just uninstalling javs snf the ftb launcher etc... and i just rememberd that i installed technic the other day, could that have done it?

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt it for a few reasons. Slowpoke101 has already said he does not care about Tekkit or Technic in any way. Yogcraft does not have GregTech and the error comes with a specific error log for 1.4.7 The only conflict with Tekkit or Technic and the launcher is if GregTech is enabled and sees that the word 'tekkit' or 'technic' in the folder path it causes an ID conflict in RedPower2, at least for 1.4.7

Status
Not open for further replies.