Hello

AlexUbel

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to introduce myself to the community as I have been playing Minecraft for about 2 months now (Technic exclusively -- Never played Vanilla as it was these videos that prompted me to buy). I have made the switch over to FTB because they seem to carry themselves with a little more respect for the modding community and I want to support that attitude.

That said I don't have a whole lot of knowledge when it comes to the various mods that are in the pack. Most of my time with Technic was spent with Thaumcraft 2. So its going to be a learning experience. I am thinking of dipping my toe into youtube posting and was thinking of doing a sort of Lost in Mystcraft style play where I jump from age to age. I'd like to set some sort of goal in each age though, otherwise what's the point in staying in a particular age, and suggestions would be welcome.

During a test run of this concept I noticed that every Mystcraft Age I went to had some sort of detrimental effect on me. The first 3 ages I suffered continuous nausea along with some other persisting effects. The counter would start counting down from 9 seconds and then reset. I've also suffered blindness and hunger that wouldn't go away. This hasn't happened before and was wondering if something changed in Mystcraft or if it was a string of bad luck? Needless to say it would be hard to do a lets play where you can't see anything or the screen is swaying in a way that makes you nauseous just watching it.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to the forums Alex! You'll find a lot of friendly support here for all the questions you might have. Knowing little about the mods is a good thing, it's like playing a new game :D enjoy!

AlexUbel said:
I have made the switch over to FTB because they seem to carry themselves with a little more respect for the modding community and I want to support that attitude.

I second your mindset, and applaud your reasoning.

During a test run of this concept I noticed that every Mystcraft Age I went to had some sort of detrimental effect on me. The first 3 ages I suffered continuous nausea along with some other persisting effects. The counter would start counting down from 9 seconds and then reset. I've also suffered blindness and hunger that wouldn't go away. This hasn't happened before and was wondering if something changed in Mystcraft or if it was a string of bad luck? Needless to say it would be hard to do a lets play where you can't see anything or the screen is swaying in a way that makes you nauseous just watching it.

This is normal and part of Mystcraft, it's called instability, it is possible to disable it via the config. Read more here (specifically, Potion Effects section).

AlexUbel

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. :)

@QueWhat

Thanks for the link. The only thing I'd like to get rid of is the potion effects, but if I can't single those out, I guess I'll just have to rough it. lol

Magicferret

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to the forums. Folks round here are very knowledgeable, even a seasoned tech mod player like myself can learn a few things just reading. Don't be afraid to ask if you want to know as well, generally you'll get lots of enthusiastic but over-complicated answers. Just the kind of people we are I guess. :D