Harvesting Apples from Apple Trees?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I know that I could use a Harvester from MFR to actually chop down whole trees. What about just picking the apples off apple trees? Anyone have any ideas?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I think only Forestry offers Apple Oak for what you want. Normal oak tree only generate apples (% chance) upon breaking the leaves.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
MFR has a fruit picker. Not sure if it works on apple trees though. The way I know is using a forestry multi-farm. Just have to put apple oak saplings in it and get the right circuit setup to pick fruit. All the info can be found on the forestry page. It gives all the setup info and materials needed for various size farms.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I think only Forestry offers Apple Oak for what you want. Normal oak tree only generate apples (% chance) upon breaking the leaves.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk
I've GOT the Apple Oak Trees already.. from Biomes OPlenty. I'm curious how to pick the apples now.

MFR has a fruit picker. Not sure if it works on apple trees though. The way I know is using a forestry multi-farm. Just have to put apple oak saplings in it and get the right circuit setup to pick fruit. All the info can be found on the forestry page. It gives all the setup info and materials needed for various size farms.

Fruit picker from MFR! Great, thanks for the pointer!

Ausyarr

Jul 29, 2019
Use a MFR Fruit Picker, you can put apple trees on top of the apple trees up to a 4 tree tall tower and the pick will still get the apples. IF the pick gets all the apples of the tree the apples wont come back unless you break one block of wood on the tree. It might work better in monster, I had this setup in unleashed and it worked quite well.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah Orchard Biomes are awesome in BOP. Some folks consider it 'cheating' but that's their choice, me personally I love trying to find one every time I start up a new game. Some times I spawn in one, other times it takes WEEKS to locate.