GT Nuclear Reactor Designs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
So I just loaded up an ultimate server that I plan on using for a while, and I wanted to know if anyone had some info on the new components to reactors that GT adds. I really like using reactors as a source of energy, and I imagine that theres gotta be some epic stuff I can do with the thorium and plutonium and whatnot. If anyone has some information on it, please let me know as well as leave a design (if its safe) for me to try out. Thanks everyone!

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
For designs there's some pretty detailed threads on the IC2 forums. Suffice it to say the really important changes GT adds are Thorium (1/5 the power+heat but last 5x longer than uranium) and Plutonium (2x the power+heat). GT also adds reflectors that don't wear out, so you can get some very efficient designs.

For example: a Mark 1 reactor with 7 efficiency. Only generates 140 EU/t, but it will squeeze a lot of power out of each uranium and be more or less maintenance free.
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...5bb7rpy06z65dpbhoehj4jcc0r93y5x5fw43evsh6xhc0

Perhaps the more important addition GT gives you is the Computer Cube. It's basically an in-game reactor planner. Great for messing around with design ideas without tabbing out or risking meltdown.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
Do the quad cells from GT need the dense copper plates? Thats the main drawback about those types of reactors in my opinion. I like ones with zero running cost.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Do the quad cells from GT need the dense copper plates? Thats the main drawback about those types of reactors in my opinion. I like ones with zero running cost.

nope, he changed it to copper ingot for quad and dual thorium, so you don't really need mass amount of copper for the thorium cells.

p.s. at later version, he changed it again to copper plate which need 1 copper ingot at plate bending machine.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
plate bending machine? thats fine i guess. as long as i dont need 32 copper for 1 quad cell i should be okay XD