Grinders & Wither Heads

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AndrewPwner

Jul 29, 2019
Do skeleton withers from an autospawner give heads when being killed by a grinder? Have one going now.

AndrewPwner

Jul 29, 2019
Just got one so I can confirm they do. Took around 20 minutes.
I'll try this with soul shards and bump it if it works also :)

The Snipe

Jul 29, 2019
If you use an MFR Spawner and use conveyers into a autonomous activator with a Beheading Sword (Paper/Thaum with max beheading and a flux upgrade) it will automatically kill them and drop their heads most, if not all of the time. You can then have a servo set up to pull out the sword when its at a certain energy level so that it pumps into a Energetic Infuser, which will charge it, which you can pump back into the activator. Its a pretty easy setup, and works wonders!

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
If you use an MFR Spawner and use conveyers into a autonomous activator with a Beheading Sword (Paper/Thaum with max beheading and a flux upgrade) it will automatically kill them and drop their heads most, if not all of the time. You can then have a servo set up to pull out the sword when its at a certain energy level so that it pumps into a Energetic Infuser, which will charge it, which you can pump back into the activator. Its a pretty easy setup, and works wonders!

If you need to get that XP back into MFR compatible liquid you can put a sewer with some range upgrades and this will grab stray XP orbs on the ground and convert that into mob essence. Also putting looting on the swords will increase your output. You will have an excess of regular and wither bones in addition to the wither skulls. I've noticed you dont get as much coal as you might imagine you would with a looting sword, but hey its automatic. Items can be grabbed by a vacum, but this might grab the XP too so it might takes some fiddling to get it just right.

Currently using this setup except instead of the sewer I just have the vacum suck up items and XP orbs (turns into Liquid XP). I then use that liquid XP for enchants and naming stuff when pranking people.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Another setup that works well is simply standing in the spawning room for a while with a Witherless Rose and a bedrock sword. :)

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
A cleaver without any added beheading upgrades actually has a higher rate of dropping heads, IIRC, than a broadsword or rapier with the beheading upgrades...

The Snipe

Jul 29, 2019
A cleaver without any added beheading upgrades actually has a higher rate of dropping heads, IIRC, than a broadsword or rapier with the beheading upgrades...

I'd ment a cleaver with Beheading upgrades, sorry if it wasn't clear.