Grief prevention

ronan75

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is a popular topic, but everything I find is older info. So I'm looking for more up to date stuff. I would like to know what forge based mods are you using so players can set claims?

I tried mytown but it need pex and I use forgeessentials. They didn't seem to work well together.

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
i also use pex and FE , work with no problem, just treat them as 2 separate perm mods,

ronan75

Jul 29, 2019
So which one do you use for permissions? How do you have it set up so one doesn't override the other?

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
pex i use for mytown,
FE use for commands . 2 different groups. they can't override as they don't interact

ronan75

Jul 29, 2019
So how do you have your FE & pex perms set up? Would you mind posting your configs? Do you have th same grops set up for each?

ronan75

Jul 29, 2019
Never mind I saw your post on the mytown thread. So if I understand you make everyone in default on FE except yourself an owner. Then use pex for your chat settings. Can you assign FE perms in pex?

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
nop. you can;t . FE has its own perm mod, with is a core feature,as the developer said , they will never support pex. its a shame, as pex its 110 % functional , FE permission on the other hand... another story ( not to mention the economy, logger, protection, missing core commands like tempban,tpa, bugged spawn point , bugged /back command , and in comparation with mytown documentation... FE wiki its a joke ) i'm a little disappointed on FE right now, but time will tell if it worth

Netsaver300

Jul 29, 2019
what is PEX? im looking for grief prevention as well and i cant seem to figure out how forge essentials works

ronan75

Jul 29, 2019
What I've ended up doing (still testing) is using both PEX & FE for perms. I wanted to have 8 different groups, so I created them on both mods. Then on the FE on I gave them the FE command perms I wanted for each group. They are all basically the same except for the Kits and eventually # or warps and/or homes. Then I'm going to use PEX for all other perms, including all other mods. So FE Will be just FE and PEX everything else. Maybe down the road FE will separate out their commands and I can use them in PEX, but I don't think that's the case now. So yes I'll have to manage both lists, but it will be a smaller server so shouldn't be that big of an issue.

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
youp. that's the right way to do it. using the same idea for 2 weeks now. 0 problems