GregTech/Server question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is probably a stupid question, but...

I have a server and we just switched to Ultimate. I'm going to nerf a few of the GT recipes (basically, easy mode - I want a bit of a challenge, but we're all still learning the mods so I don't want it to be ridic).

So my ? is, if I change things server side, do I need to have my server members change them client side as well?

Reactions: Barbarian Kitten

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, what's the easiest way to go about that? Just save the config on my side and send it to them?

This is sort of making me want to just disable GT altogether. Some of my server peeps are not very tech inclined and I can see myself having to talk them through this one by one....

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, what's the easiest way to go about that? Just save the config on my side and send it to them?

We have a forum topic where our admin just pastes the configs and we just open up the configs and pase the contents into them. But yeah, for some people actually managing to find them is already quite challenging. That's why the launcher needs an upgrade and separate mods from configs.

Sprung

Jul 29, 2019
I would not change the recipes. If every thing is easy mod there is no challenge and it gets old fast. When I play on a legit server I feel proud when I make something and its worth bragging about to other players. If the recipes are easy mode it's like meh everyone has everything in the first few days.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
If I had more people on my server that were familiar with FTB, I would. As it stands, I'm by far the most knowledgeable, and I'd wind up doing the vast majority of the work (we're a "community" server - we all handle projects and builds together). I kinda want to ease them into things.

I do play Ultimate on my own with GT in tact.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I would not change the recipes.

And to add another opinion on that matter: on our server we decided we didn't like the tediousness of these recipies and set them to the 'non tedious' settings. So if he and the players on his server wants these recipies changed he should just go ahead and do so.